1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Final straw!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by MrHatchi87, Nov 12, 2011.

1. MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87 New Member

I am NOW officially DONE with this *****g phone! the touch screen has been freaking out like crazy! its annoying! the screen has a mind of its own. I just performed a factory data reset and NOTHING. next step wipe SD card. and SBF back to whatever crappy version to make it stable. I dont have insurance on this thing (long story) any advice? im about a day from turning this into a Frisbee... 10001 pieces of droid on the wall :p

*** edit ***
    just wiped the SD card, i thought about going into the bootloader and wiping the cache, but i cant, the damn search key wont respond... so the bootloader doesnt do diddly squat!
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  2. Byakushiki

Byakushiki New Member

Ouch. Bring it to a vzw store and show them it, they usually just quickly ship out a replacement. There are horror stories, yes, but if you think about it, only the lemons get reported. Not many report the good refurbs. Honestly, the refurb I got (and sent back) was perfectly fine, except the previous owner had loosened the usb port. Nothing a diy'er can't fix.
  3. MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87 New Member

i need to UNroot it and remove the custom boot animation then, and mind you i HATE dealing with verizon reps, let alone customer service. to be honest, i wouldnt mind crossing to the dark side, and getting an Iphone 4/4s. i will leave droid temporarily and come back when its all on ICS lol. im just frustrated.
  4. Jonas

Jonas New Member

Check FAQ on how to SBF back, and the once you SBF back, you will need to wipe the cache, and for a Factory Reset, and you will be good to go. It sounds to me like you got a little water in your phone. If that did happen, I wouldn't bring it up at the VZW store. Good Luck, and fell free to PM me if you get lost, or need help.
  5. MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87 New Member

ive never had this phone near any water, short of rain outside.... never had any problems until now
  6. Jonas

Jonas New Member

Rain outside will do it. I'm not talking about a lot of water. Even a quarter of a drop of water will cause this in the right spot. The method to fixing this is quite cheap and easy actually. Put your phone in a big or rice, and let it sit in there over night and see if that helps. Also, did you do ANYTHING at all to the phone before this started happening? Both physically and software.
  7. themib

themib Well-Known Member

read the FAQs thread or Droid wiki

Stock Recovery has changed with GB
    When you see the green android and the triangle with the ! Comes up press both the up and down volume buttons at the same time and the Recovery menu should come up.
  8. Jonas

Jonas New Member

Good catch mib! I completely missed that!
  9. 13th angel

13th angel Developer Developer

Do you have a screen protector on it? Mine started freaking out, took it off and was much better. Also, if you were on GB then ofc the search key didnt do anything. They changed it to using the volume buttons (hold both down where you would have pressed search).
  10. MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87 New Member

I've had a screen protector on this thing since day one out of the box. hell, it had one on there before it was ever turned on. i used the OEM protectors from Verizon. Needless to say, I'm gonna SBF to whatever version i can, make it look stock and take it in to Verizon to ***** them out. i checked the water indicator and its normal so its not gonna show signs of foul play or tampering. the SD card is clean and so will the phone, it will just look like its OEM. Its been a great phone the whole time since last Christmas... until this week. damn it. i will see if i can get them to replace it outright, none of this refurbished crap, new or im gone. I will try the rice thing tonight, or tomorrow. i can twist arms if need be :) thanks for the heads up themib :) frustration at its worst :mad: I will see if i can get a new phone all together, convince my finance to put it on our credit and pay it off. might get the galaxy nexus or an iphone or the razr
  11. Jonas

Jonas New Member

Keep your SD card. They don't ask for it. That's how my D2G has a 16GB sd! :D
  12. 13th angel

13th angel Developer Developer

Mine had a screen protector on it before it was activated too. Try taking it off and giving it an hr or 2 before taking it back. It helped a TON. Just an idea though...

They will more than likely upgrade you rather than giving you the same device at this point. I know several people that have gotten DINC2's or D3's instead of D2G's back.
  13. Jonas

Jonas New Member

Angel, can you confirm that? If so, I may need to use my techie skills and ruin my D2G and get a droid 3! :D
  14. silver6054

silver6054 New Member

Yes, people have said that on this forum. Sort of to be expected as stocks of the old phone dwindle. But nothing to say that you won't be one of the "lucky" ones to get a refurb D2G that doesn't quite work!
  15. Jonas

Jonas New Member

That would totally be my luck. I'm joining the AF soon, so if I could snag a new D3 on the way out, that wwould just make me so happy. Sorry for the hijack.
  16. fiveball02

fiveball02 New Member

I got sent a refurb d2g just last weekend when the cable between screen and keyboard shorted

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  17. MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87 New Member

I've taken off the OEM screen protector last night and nothing. still acting up. i even cleared cache and wiped everything from the recovery screen, and nothing. I would like to think that they would upgrade me, I can dream. i don't do refurbished phones. I did that when my original Cliq went out, got a refurb, and it was worse than the original! Getting a D3 would be pretty sick, but I'm leaning away from keyboards, in favor of a "candybar" style phone; that of the Thunderbolt, or Razr. I wiped the SD card mainly to rule out any problems that could be on there causing the issue. wasnt necessary, but just an extra step, i backed my photos beforehand or my woman would have killed me .

Ideally, i want the Razr or the Galaxy Nexus, but unlikely. who knows at this point, im willing to pass on a larger camera for the instant camera load time, and no shutter delay. ICS is a nerds dream at this point lol
  18. orionsvantage

orionsvantage New Member

Let us know how the brand new phone thing works out for ya

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  19. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

Does this happen when it's on or off the charger, or both? D2G for a Nexus or RAZR is a pipe dream.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  20. MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87 New Member

i will for sure let you guys know. and if i am successful, i will post my secrets and tips :p
Search tags for this page

droid 2 global screen flaky

droid 2 screen has a mind of its own

droid 2 screen has mind of its own

droid 2 screen mind of its own