Final straw!

fiveball02

Reaction score
I got sent a refurb d2g just last weekend when the cable between screen and keyboard shorted

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
I've taken off the OEM screen protector last night and nothing. still acting up. i even cleared cache and wiped everything from the recovery screen, and nothing. I would like to think that they would upgrade me, I can dream. i don't do refurbished phones. I did that when my original Cliq went out, got a refurb, and it was worse than the original! Getting a D3 would be pretty sick, but I'm leaning away from keyboards, in favor of a "candybar" style phone; that of the Thunderbolt, or Razr. I wiped the SD card mainly to rule out any problems that could be on there causing the issue. wasnt necessary, but just an extra step, i backed my photos beforehand or my woman would have killed me .

Ideally, i want the Razr or the Galaxy Nexus, but unlikely. who knows at this point, im willing to pass on a larger camera for the instant camera load time, and no shutter delay. ICS is a nerds dream at this point lol

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Let us know how the brand new phone thing works out for ya

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does this happen when it's on or off the charger, or both? D2G for a Nexus or RAZR is a pipe dream.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
i will for sure let you guys know. and if i am successful, i will post my secrets and tips :p

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
Never really use my phone on the charger; when its on there, i just leave it alone and allow it to charge, but I will attempt it tonight, but, i have only seen it occur off the charger

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
When it's about a non-keyboard phone, they usually issue DROID X/X2 as a replacement for the D2G according to people who went through it.

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
that i wouldn't actually mind... I've been looking for a Droid X on my local classifieds, and the X2 would be pretty cool. We shall see. I'm dealing with VZN on Tuesday. :)

Domestic violence

Reaction score
I'm pretty clueless and sbf'd my wife's d2g back to stock after I rooted and romd it.

Its very easy.

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
Oh, I've SBF'd like 4 times, its nothing new, its just time consuming when you are busy with school. I was mid SBF, and my laptop died, so I'm stuck on the bootloader screen until I'm off work at 10

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
Another update, It started happening again, and i finally took it to a Verizon store, and called, they are gonna send me a replacement phone cause im within factory warranty. sadly, i couldnt get a Dx out of it. Im getting a refurbed D2G, and if its crap, i will send it back, call again, ask for a supervisor and demand a dx or NEW d2g. i must wait atleast 5 days to ship the blasted phone.

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Another update, It started happening again, and i finally took it to a Verizon store, and called, they are gonna send me a replacement phone cause im within factory warranty. sadly, i couldnt get a Dx out of it. Im getting a refurbed D2G, and if its crap, i will send it back, call again, ask for a supervisor and demand a dx or NEW d2g. i must wait atleast 5 days to ship the blasted phone.

Let us know how the dx or new d2g works out for you

why do people insist on putting their screen name in their signature?

Graymayre

Reaction score
Verizon will replace with only refurbished up to 4 times I think until they try to put you in another model. Last time I knew anyway. Of course Assurion is a different story...
I've had quacky screen issues on the D2G due to protectors and other things on the screen. It can be a quirky phone, I never did successfully rom it, I kept having to sbf which messed up the radio for some reason.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
... took it to a Verizon store, .. they are gonna send me a replacement phone cause im within factory warranty. sadly, i couldnt get a Dx out of it. Im getting a refurbed D2G, ......
We had two unrooted D2s that both started acting flaky several months ago (would freeze up on incoming calls and other times). Took both to the VZW store and were sent two refurbs (D2s) in pristine condition. Haven't had any problems with the replacements.