Bluetooth media to car connectivity

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Hello all...I recently bought a Ford Fusion, and a few weeks prior to that purchased an S5. For the first few days everything was awesome - the bluetooth autoconnected when I started the car and I could start my player on the phone & enjoy my music. After those first few days my car was telling me it could connect to the phone, but not to the bluetooth media. I went through the car options, but no luck. I then went to the phone to check its bluetooth settings. It allows for the phone to be connected (checked), but the the media box (when I try to "check" it) lags, then ignores that I did anything and remains unchecked. How do I "reattach" my media player to the car's bluetooth? Please advise. Thank you in advance for any & all help.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would try setting up the connection between the two as if it were a brand new connection again. So "forget" the current settings and set it up again as if you got the car the first day. Sometimes bluetooth devices can be a bit finicky like that

OP
MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I would try setting up the connection between the two as if it were a brand new connection again. So "forget" the current settings and set it up again as if you got the car the first day. Sometimes bluetooth devices can be a bit finicky like that

I appreciate the reply... but that was the first thing I tried. :/

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Then I would try going to Settings -- Applications -- All apps -- Bluetooth -- clear data & cache. After doing that, reboot your phone and try connecting again.

Unfortunately, I think bluetooth issues are common with the s5. I know there was an update to your device recently, so have you checked for updates through the settings?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Bluetooth connectivity works great on my SO's S5 and 08 Altima.
Let us know if Dezys latest suggestion works for you Mystical. Good luck!

tap'n on my S5

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've heard of some issues with first party software, Ford Mytouch in this case, where alot of phones aren't on the "compatible" list. It also doesn't help that the s5 has some known Bluetooth issues.

Glad you got it working though. Hopefully that's the last time you run into this problem.