How to connect to car stereo with bluetooth to listen to online radio?

karte

Reaction score
My car's Bluetooth (Toyota Tacoma) works great with my S5, it is paired and connects as soon as I get in the car (or even near the car), but in order to listen to online radio I have to connect via an Aux cable. Is there anyway I can listen to the online radio via Bluetooth?
Another question: how do I transfer my contacts to the car Bluetooth? I have only couple of contacts which I have entered manually.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I believe the radio only is active via cable. There should be a setting to transfer your contacts.

coryrk26

Reaction score
It depends on the stereo actually. The stereo in our new car can stream music via bluetooth. My older Kenwood stereo in my car requires an aux cable for music. Sound about (app) does a great job of helping the phone switch inputs and outputs automatically.

JMcMusicman

Reaction score
My car's Bluetooth (Toyota Tacoma) works great with my S5, it is paired and connects as soon as I get in the car (or even near the car), but in order to listen to online radio I have to connect via an Aux cable. Is there anyway I can listen to the online radio via Bluetooth?
Another question: how do I transfer my contacts to the car Bluetooth? I have only couple of contacts which I have entered manually.

I've been trying to figure this out too... android music player and Pandora work fine via bluetooth in my Tundra but I listen to a few out of town radio stations via their android apps and those internet radio stations won't play through the bluetooth..

tomthbomb

Reaction score
My 2012 Jeep Wrangler with U Connect plays music from my S5. I listen to Pandora often. I can change songs with the steering wheel controls and change stations. When a call comes in it mutes the music and allows me to answer the call. When I hang up, the music resumes.
I Heart Radio works well also.

coryrk26

Reaction score
Does anyone have a stereo that won't stream music over bluetooth? I have to use the aux cable for music, BT for calls. Lately it's not been working using sound about, have had to reboot phone often just to make calls...

JMcMusicman

Reaction score
The issue isn't with Pandora but with an FM radio station that retransmits their broadcast via the internet or android app.Those dont seem to play over the Bluetooth...

tomthbomb

Reaction score
Got it. With all of the other options I've never done that. I will try it to see if it works for me.

JMcMusicman

Reaction score
Got it working... The app SoundAbout allows you to have some control over how the phone handles and outputs certain audio