My Note 8 will not connect to my car (Toyota) Bluetooth media audio.

Vito.a

Reaction score
My Note 8 will not connect to my car (Toyota) Bluetooth media audio. It connects to Bluetooth call audio, but it will not connect to media audio.
I've spent time with Verizon Tech support clearing cache, adding and deleting Bluetooth pairing, and a few other attempts but none are helping. My wife's S7 and my note 4 both connect to the car just fine.
Thanks

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's possible another paired device is locked in at same time you are connected to Bluetooth... I noticed this happened to me where my iPhone is connected and my S8+ was on call only... You can try to disconnect all others and try to pair only Note 8

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
V

Vito.a

Reaction score
I have it working for now.
I read several threads on Bluetooth connection issues and I did the following:
Cleared the cache (no help)
Tried it in safe mode (no help)
Unpaired and repaired the phone several times (no help)
Deleted the Note 4 from the cars Bluetooth (no help)
Deleted the Fitbit app on the Note 8 (no help)
Spent an hour on the phone with Verizon Tech (no help)
Spent an hour with Samsung Tech (no help)
Set up Samsung Connect and updated it. Not sure because when I paired it to the car I discovered a different set up menu and did the following:
Paired the phone to the car as an audio device in a different menu on the car. Success!

Then I had issues connecting to call audio. Turned the car and the phone off a few times and re-paired the phone and now both call and media audio are working. I'm still hesitant to declare success and will feel better about it after a few days.

Now, if I could move the speaker and the fingerprint scanner to the front I would be very happy!
Thanks to everyone.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Happy you got it working.. Keep us posted and hopefully smooth sailing the rest of the way... I hear ya on last two requests lol I'm with ya

Sent using Tapatalk