Bluetooth Issues Fixed In Pixel Server Side Update

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-pixel-xl-9066-012.jpg

If you have been one of the many that have suffered with the bluetooth bug on the Pixel and Pixel XL it looks like Google may have issued a fix via server side update. An early bug in the Pixel was causing failed bluetooth connectivity in cars. A new issue came up later after the release where bluetooth devices would randomly disconnect. These issues reportedly started after the February security patch.

A Google Team member has reported in the Pixel User Community forum that Google has just put together a fix for the issue. He went on to mention that no downloads or installs will be necessary indicating it was a server side fix. While the issue is claimed to have been fixed some users are still reporting bluetooth problems. The update began rolling out as part of the Google Play Services update March 21. The update may take a few days to hit your device. Has anyone seen a change? Has this issue gone away for you?

via Google

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
A server side update? What does that even mean? What does BT have to do with a server?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
A server side update? What does that even mean? What does BT have to do with a server?
I'm with you Pere.. If it doesn't require a download, how does it get to your phone?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I read something this morning that claims that it may have had something to do with Google Play Services, or was fixed through Google Play Services.

I still think it's a very weird claim to say that a BT issue was fixed with a server side anything.

I was having BT issues in my truck this morning, but I'm fairly confident that my BT receiver is finally giving out on me. Served me well for the cheap price I paid on Amazon for it. Now, to decide if I buy another just like it or attempt to upgrade my setup a little bit...

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I haven't noticed the issue for a couple days now and it was plaguing me since I got the March security update.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Somebody needs to go back and read the thread after the announcement, this only fixed issues for some people not all.

The other thing I noticed in the thread is that it is not only the pixel that is having problems... seems to be affecting several devices on nougat.

I haven't seen any issues here but then again I am not running nougat on anything yet.

I guess the NSA hasn't perfected their remote cloning technique yet for nougat. :cool:

tumblr_nf440db5pz1tmilldo1_500.gif

Last edited:

Mark_V

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G4 Plus
I have a Moto G4 running 6.x and I was having problems with it connecting to my car as well. Just a few days ago it started working 100% of the time. I would think it would been a fix with Google Play Services as well.