Some Bugs Are Popping Up On Pixel Devices Running Android 8.1

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-pixel-2-0490-025-jpg.78153

The first bug isn't really new it just seems like Google may not have addressed an already existing bug in Pixel devices. Some Pixel devices are still having bluetooth issues after the Android 8.1 update. This update has been promised to be on the way for months now and users were expecting this fix in the 8.1 Oreo update. Most complaints come from users who are having issues connecting to car stereos. Some can't get phones to connect and others are experiencing bluetooth cutting out when notifications come in. Hopefully we will finally see a patch for bluetooth on the Gen 1 Pixel device soon.

The Pixel 2 XL seems to have a slower fingerprint scanner after the Android 8.1 Oreo update. Users are reporting that the finger print scanner takes about a second longer to unlock after the update. Luckily Google has already said that they are looking into a fix for this issue. Hopefully they will get it fixed sooner than the OG Pixel Bluetooth bug.

via AndroidPolice

Attachments

• google-pixel-2-0490-025.jpg
    google-pixel-2-0490-025.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 4,334

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Fingerprint just as fast as first day ..here on 8.1 rooted with custom kernel ...very happy to not see any bugs on my phone ...

Pixel 2 XL

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Fingerprint just as fast as first day ..here on 8.1 rooted with custom kernel ...very happy to not see any bugs on my phone ...

Pixel 2 XL

Rooted?

Why am I not surprised.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
naw, they have no more bugs than most os new releases and this includes windows operating system.
Agree.

Though I wouldn't doubt that there are people having those issues I'm not. Now the issue I do have is that on speaker phone I'll notice it will get quiet like the speaker phone is toggling itself off. I'll have to turn speaker phone off then back on. It has become so annoying that I had to find a headset and use that dongle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
My fingerprint scanner is thankfully still fast as it gets, but my screen does flicker when I turn on or off the screen with either button or scanner. I am trying disabling ambient screen and adaptive brightness as some have said it stops. If it does, I can wait until a patch to turn those back on.