Bluetooth Issue

911_Bub

Reaction score
Okay my Incredible which is running 2.2 and I have tried about everything to fix the bluetooth. It will sync with my JVC head unit. and then play music for about...2-3 sec then cut out. the player shows that it is still streaming now but no sound anywhere. Calls go through the phone...IDK if this is a warrenty issue anymore or what but I have searched high and low and tried everything...SOS!!

Reusable

Reaction score
Bluetooth sync

You're not alone. My Incredible used to sync with my Ford MS Sync system, but after 2.2, it drops the link and freezes the phone up.

ajwd40

Reaction score
I just upgraded from Motorola Droid 1 which I have always been able to connect to my pioneer bluetooth enabled car stereo. I don't have an issue with connecting it for use with phone calls however on my original droid it would automatically connect to play music I had on my phone through my stereo. I don't know if it is an option the Thunderbolt does not have or if I am doing something wrong.. any input is appreciated.

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just upgraded from Motorola Droid 1 which I have always been able to connect to my pioneer bluetooth enabled car stereo. I don't have an issue with connecting it for use with phone calls however on my original droid it would automatically connect to play music I had on my phone through my stereo. I don't know if it is an option the Thunderbolt does not have or if I am doing something wrong.. any input is appreciated.

Did you try-->> wireless networks/bluetooth settings/long press your device/options/enable media check box

ajwd40

Reaction score
I just did so and no luck.. I only have the option for phone calls

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ajwd40

Reaction score
Just got it to work.. I unpaired the paired them again and.it worked :) thanks for the help

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

bassplyr

Reaction score
I received my Commando this week. Everything is going well except the bluetooth connection on my '07 Prius. It constantly cuts out on my end and the caller. Anyone having the same problem?

Thanks,
Roger

vladi5

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've looked through the whole forum for this issue but found nothing about it...so I opened hopefully a new topic.

I'm from austria and bought my Droid 3 from the US. Everytime I try to use my bluetooth it doens't work. Other people can see my phone and me also theirs but there somehow is no possibility to connect both. Same problem with the laptop.
Someone maybe know what could be wrong?

Thx a lot ^^

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mikedyk43

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've looked through the whole forum for this issue but found nothing about it...so I opened hopefully a new topic.

I'm from austria and bought my Droid 3 from the US. Everytime I try to use my bluetooth it doens't work. Other people can see my phone and me also theirs but there somehow is no possibility to connect both. Same problem with the laptop.
Someone maybe know what could be wrong?

Thx a lot ^^

Connecting to another phone or laptop using Bluetooth is generally used for things like file transfers. In these situations, there is not a "constant" connection between these two devices. You can "pair" with them which is essentially saving them in memory as a trusted device and then once a file transfer is initiated by either device, the recipient needs only to accept or decline without the need to reenter a passcode. The only devices that your phone will maintain an ongoing connection with is either a Bluetooth audio receiver (example=car stereo) or a Bluetooth telephone receiver (example=earpiece). I hope this helps.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

vladi5

Reaction score
Hey,

First, thanks for the response...but that wasn't what I ment ^^
Pairing works but sending files doesn't.

Sorry for that bad explanation ^^

mikedyk43

Reaction score
Hey,

First, thanks for the response...but that wasn't what I ment ^^
Pairing works but sending files doesn't.

Sorry for that bad explanation ^^

Got it! I would first try unpairing and then repairing the devices and see if that works. I remember having these same issues with my Droid 1 and wound up having to use a third party app called "Bluetooth File Transfer" in order to send files via Bluetooth. If resetting connections doesn't work, give that app a try.

vladi5

Reaction score
Thanks a lot....it worked :)