Music, Bluetooth, Car... WTF, Over?

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
Ok, a few threads have popped up with people having all sorts of issues with making bluetooth stuff work in their cars. There's been only a few replies to those threads...

Does anyone successfully Bluetooth link music (mp3's/slacker/pandora/Sirius/whatever) to their car?

I can link my Tbolt to my headunit in my vehicle, and the phone call situation works perfectly fine. The second I try to stream media of any kind what so ever, my tbolt has an epileptic seizure and it's fail city until I do a battery pull. I'll get a few seconds of music (again, from whatever source I decide to use) which is just enough to get my hopes up and then it freezes and cuts audio and becomes as unresponsive as my girlfriend can be sometimes.... :icon_eek:

If I use the AUX output it works fine. The volume is extremely low and it's a PITA to hook up a wire to it every time I get in my Tahoe, but I can make do with this for now.

To recap:
1) Anybody successfully able to play ANY music via bluetooth in their car?
2) See #1
3) Aux output wire works fine, but is a poor choice to be forced to use
4) I just wanted to put another number down.

Anyone got info on this? Is this a common issue?

OP
M

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
No, I mean using the bluetooth sync directly from your phone to your radio. I already am using a 3.5mm aux cable going from my phone to my radio. I'm looking to wireless stream my music from my phone to my radio.

It'll stream for a few seconds, so if it'll do that why not continue doing it, ya know?

cc16177

Reaction score
I have the same problem. It's EXTREMELY frustrating because I just bought a new car in March and was LOVING the bluetooth audio link with my X... I have had no luck getting this to work either and would LOVE a fix....

johnd09

Reaction score
The device Russ2387 posted connects to the phone with Bluetooth and outputs it to an aux port.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

yoshi211

Reaction score
Drive a 2011 Honda Odyssey.. bluetooth music from my phone via mp3 and Pandora all the time with very little issues. Sometimes the sound makes a high pitched noise but its rare. The radio controls will even skip songs. I have no complaints.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
M

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
The device Russ2387 posted connects to the phone with Bluetooth and outputs it to an aux port.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

I'm trying to figure out why I need any additional wires at all. I can broadcast via bluetooth with my old phone, my Tbolt struggles for some reason doing this.

I want to entirely get rid of every cable (except for my 12v power cord) and have music magically float wirelessly from my phone while it's resting in it's car dock to my radio, then have it travel from my radio through my vehicle's wiring system to where it reaches my speakers to turn into audible noise in the air where it then does it's best to smash my little earbones to bits and pieces inside my head.

Maybe Chimaira intimidates bluetooth technology?

OP
M

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
Drive a 2011 Honda Odyssey.. bluetooth music from my phone via mp3 and Pandora all the time with very little issues. Sometimes the sound makes a high pitched noise but its rare. The radio controls will even skip songs. I have no complaints.

Maybe I'll try a new headunit and see if that makes a difference. Both of my cars units are a couple years old now... that could be the problem I suppose.

It's just weird how I'll get a few seconds of audio, then it stops and my Tbolt turns epileptic on me. Maybe its my phone too... *sigh*

pjo1966

Reaction score
Music streaming via BT used to work until Gingerbread installed. Now my radio cuts out for a second as if BT streaming is going to start, and then it just comes back on again. I see the music is playing on my Thunderbolt, but it just doesn't stream. That's not the first things that worked perfectly and was broken by Gingerbread. Recognizing that the phone has been placed in a car dock is hit and miss too.

pjo1966

Reaction score
I noticed a firmware update was available for download. Does anyone know if this fixes the problems we've been having?

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

robert70

Reaction score
My wife works for one of the big 3 auto makers and deals directly with what you guys are talking about, and what you need to know is that Moto, HTC and the rest of them don't care about making the Bluetooth comparable with vehicle systems as such, so all phones are going to be hit and miss and more often than not the phone will freak out, When I had my X I had no problem connecting with my wife's car, but her X would not, Now her d2g will connect for phone calls but nothing else and my X2 sometimes will and some times wont, but my daughters Metro pcs. H something Droid phone works everytime, So its all hit and miss.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

leapnlineman

Reaction score
I am able to play pandora radio through my Ford Sync system in my F-150 without any problems. Just set the radio to bluetooth streaming media and it plays.