Bluetooth is awful...

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by idle, Apr 1, 2010.

1. idle

idle New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is a rant. I've had my droid for a month now, and never, ever have I owned a phone with such awful bluetooth capabilities. Honestly, why can't the bluetooth just send a picture to my computer without something going wrong? It's really not that complicated of a process. Instead... I have to send it to Facebook, save it to my computer, then delete it from facebook. It's ridiculous. Secondly, when I connect my phone to my computer with the USB cable, it won't mount and show the Droid in "My Computer". This is extremely frustrating, I'm definitely not removing the damn SD card everytime I want to upload a photo.... Where the hell is the new Android update....
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  2. plongson

plongson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Droid/Bluetooth SUCKS! No argument there... It's the thing Droid does NOT...

All the BS about live wallpapers etc.

GIVE US A GREAT BLUETOOTH!!
  3. Slider46

Slider46 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can try WebShare (from the market).

It allows you to upload and download files from your phone to your PC via a web browser and wireless connection. You need to have a wifi-network to connect though and you will also probably have to add the phone's IP address to the exception list on your firewall.

The only things bluetooth is good for is wireless headphones and phone calls in my opinion (and that goes for all bluetooth devices, Droid or not)
  4. toastedoats

toastedoats Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It might seem easier to email it to yourself, or perhaps upload to picasa?

Are you telling the phone to mount? Does the phone prompt you to mount and when you tell it to it fails?

I have had issues with some USB cables that would charge and not mount, or mount and not charge.
  5. mrdroid

mrdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use bluetooth all the time with my Droid. The best and easiest phone I've ever used to setup with my car as well as my headset. Amazing file transfer speeds for Bluetooth as well. I use Bluetooth File Transfer. Couldn't be easier.
  6. markdobson

markdobson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 Bluetooth File Transfer
  7. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    Same here. I only use Bluetooth in the car and it has no problems either connecting or sending the phone numbers to the car's phonebook.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't tried transferring files yet but the Bluetooth call quality is excellent, much better than my previous BB Storm. Loud, clear and good range.

I don't have any issues "mounting" either, Droid is always in "My Computer". Try a different USB port..
  9. BzB

BzB Member

Ratings:
    +1
    not being able to mount the droid as a drive is either a computer issue or lack of understanding of how mounting works.

the only gripe i have about bt is that it sometimes does not transfer my call to the bt earpiece if i'm already on the call and then turn on my bt earpiece. occasionally if i turn on my bt earpiece first and then make a call i'm good.