"Share" picture message - Astro force closing?

infinityman

Reaction score
My wife sent me an SMS picture message, which I opened with Astro Image Viewer. I want to save this picture to our home computer.

Hitting the menu gives me the option to "Share", which gives me several options: Gmail, Facebook, Picasa, Bluetooth, and Messaging.

I tried Gmail, and got this message: "The application Gmail has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and Force closed.

I tried Facebook: "An error had occurred while loading the photo"

Picasa: "The application My Uploads has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

The other two options don't help me get the picture on the computer. Help!

Thanks,
zach

Silver Member
Reaction score
can you browse to the image from the gallery? i try to use the default apps for their purposes whenever possible. see if you can remove astro as your default media viewer and try again.

there's a good chance that your image is somewhere on your SD card anyway. you could try mounting your droid and searching for it there.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Do you have the latest version of Astro? I just tried this with an image file and it worked fine.

Also, as a shortcut you could browse to the file in Astro, long press on the file and choose "Send" (which will then give you the same options as "Share" with the viewer) and try sending it that way.

OP
I

infinityman

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Yep, it's the latest version of ASTRO.

I tried viewing the picture with the stock viewer, pressed "details" and it says the file is

content://mms/part/5

I used ASTRO to poke around looking for the picture, but can't find where the mms folder is so far. I'll mount the card tonight and look harder.

Also couldn't find the picture in the gallery, only through the messaging app.

Any other suggestions?

OP
I

infinityman

Reaction score
I installed Handcent, which has an option to "save to sd card". However, when I tried that, got a "fail" message. Foiled again! Help!