bluetooth file transfer app?

astscott

Reaction score
iam lookin for the best free one i can find
i bought a bluetooth usb adapter thinking it would work on my old phone but it wouldent work so i just found it and wanna try it out mabee sync up some music or sumthing idk

Erich_F

Reaction score
Have you looked at Bump? I have it installed, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. It has an attachment feature for transferring files and contacts. I think it even works across platforms like iPhone and BB.

base

Reaction score
Blutooth File Transfer

In case you haven't found it already, I thought I would mention the free app in the android market by Medieval software. It's called "Bluetooth File Transfer" and it works great for file transfers between my Droid and my computer via Bluetooth. I'm using Windows Vista and a Zoom Bluetooth USB Adapter.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
In case you haven't found it already, I thought I would mention the free app in the android market by Medieval software. It's called "Bluetooth File Transfer" and it works great for file transfers between my Droid and my computer via Bluetooth. I'm using Windows Vista and a Zoom Bluetooth USB Adapter.

+1 for BFT, although I only use it for transferring contacts to the phonebook in the car. Haven't had a heat problem, but the transfer is very short.

zx14dreamz

Reaction score
is there no way to transfer a song from the droid to another phone without an app??? most any old crappy phone can send a song or pic by bluetooth. it would be sad for a phone like this to not have that ability out of the box.

Reaction score
is there no way to transfer a song from the droid to another phone without an app??? most any old crappy phone can send a song or pic by bluetooth. it would be sad for a phone like this to not have that ability out of the box.
This is true. I feel that was one of the things missing and I cannot get BFT to work on my win7 laptop with a micro usb dongle. i can find client but not send anything from my phone to pc or vice versa.

chudilo

Reaction score
file transfers work fine over USB

What exactly is wrong with transfering files over USB? They gave you the cable!!! All you have to do is plug it into the PC and confirm "Ok to mount" on the phone. And you get a drive letter just for the droid. Drag and drop everything you need to and from there. Mosic/audio/video anything else you just want to carry with you.

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
^ + although its nice that BFT is convienient. I would rather go USB for faster speed. You need your computer close to the phone anyway..

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why people are upset about things that aren't out-of-the-box. Could you extend the capabilities of your "crappy phone" like you can with Android? :icon_rolleyes: Is your PC also worthless because it doesn't come from the factory with the apps you want?

I mean, are the advantages of Android really outweighed by a single feature (likely enabled by an app) not being out-of-the-box?

What exactly is wrong with transfering files over USB?
What's exactly is wrong with having choices?

Last edited:

zx14dreamz

Reaction score
because it would have been just as easy to send out a phone with full capabilities as it would be to send out a phone that just doesnt have some of the basic functions of older phones. its capable of recieving them from my lap top thru bluetooth why not make it so it can send also.

i know everyone is saying well jus use your computer, but i dont always have my computer with me when im hanging with my friends and someone says man i would love to have that song can you send it to me. then i have to say ummmmm only if i can cut it down to a sms sendable size or we have to find a computer so i can use my cable, that i dont take with me everywhere.

the problem as i see it is they took common software off in favor of adding an app. i understand everyone is crazy for the apps now, its app this or app that, but dont dumb down a phone jus so you can boost your app count.

Purgatory

Reaction score
I don't think it is the apps that they are trying to push, but the fact of choice. In which case, if I want to have an app to transfer with blu-tooth, then I can download it. If I don't want to do it Ad-hoc over Wi-Fi then I don't have to buy or get the app and have it take up space for storage and on my apps screen or in my settings. I see this as a choice, not a drawback. Yes, this might be an issue to people who don't know what they are doing, but this is based off of Linux, so it better be open for anyone to work with. That is why i bought this phone. Now I can have it set up the way I want it to, and not how the man tells me how it should be. If I don't want this app either because it is taking space on my phone and I will never use it, then what is the use of keeping it on the phone?

zx14dreamz

Reaction score
the problem again lies in there is no app to tranfer over bluetooth.

ernova2112

Reaction score
Bluetooth transfer by medieval software

just got the free download into my motorola droid....was having problems transfering pics via bluetooth to my mac .... now it works like a charm ...
I just finished multi selecting various pics from droid to download into my imac and everything went just fine..