bluetooth file transfer app?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by astscott, Jan 2, 2010.

1. astscott

astscott New Member

iam lookin for the best free one i can find
    i bought a bluetooth usb adapter thinking it would work on my old phone but it wouldent work so i just found it and wanna try it out mabee sync up some music or sumthing idk
  2. Erich_F

Erich_F New Member

Have you looked at Bump? I have it installed, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. It has an attachment feature for transferring files and contacts. I think it even works across platforms like iPhone and BB.
  3. base

base New Member

Blutooth File Transfer

In case you haven't found it already, I thought I would mention the free app in the android market by Medieval software. It's called "Bluetooth File Transfer" and it works great for file transfers between my Droid and my computer via Bluetooth. I'm using Windows Vista and a Zoom Bluetooth USB Adapter.
  4. robo

robo New Member

Bluetooth file transfer made my phone heat up like crazy.
  5. Purgatory

Purgatory New Member

that would only be because your phone is doing so much work that the processor is heating up.
  6. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

+1 for BFT, although I only use it for transferring contacts to the phonebook in the car. Haven't had a heat problem, but the transfer is very short.
  7. zx14dreamz

zx14dreamz New Member

is there no way to transfer a song from the droid to another phone without an app??? most any old crappy phone can send a song or pic by bluetooth. it would be sad for a phone like this to not have that ability out of the box.
  8. thericksonebay

thericksonebay New Member

This is true. I feel that was one of the things missing and I cannot get BFT to work on my win7 laptop with a micro usb dongle. i can find client but not send anything from my phone to pc or vice versa.
  9. chudilo

chudilo New Member

file transfers work fine over USB

What exactly is wrong with transfering files over USB? They gave you the cable!!! All you have to do is plug it into the PC and confirm "Ok to mount" on the phone. And you get a drive letter just for the droid. Drag and drop everything you need to and from there. Mosic/audio/video anything else you just want to carry with you.
  10. GuiltyBreak

GuiltyBreak Member

^ + although its nice that BFT is convienient. I would rather go USB for faster speed. You need your computer close to the phone anyway..
  11. takeshi

takeshi New Member

I don't understand why people are upset about things that aren't out-of-the-box. Could you extend the capabilities of your "crappy phone" like you can with Android? :icon_rolleyes: Is your PC also worthless because it doesn't come from the factory with the apps you want?

I mean, are the advantages of Android really outweighed by a single feature (likely enabled by an app) not being out-of-the-box?

What's exactly is wrong with having choices?
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  12. zx14dreamz

zx14dreamz New Member

because it would have been just as easy to send out a phone with full capabilities as it would be to send out a phone that just doesnt have some of the basic functions of older phones. its capable of recieving them from my lap top thru bluetooth why not make it so it can send also.

i know everyone is saying well jus use your computer, but i dont always have my computer with me when im hanging with my friends and someone says man i would love to have that song can you send it to me. then i have to say ummmmm only if i can cut it down to a sms sendable size or we have to find a computer so i can use my cable, that i dont take with me everywhere.

the problem as i see it is they took common software off in favor of adding an app. i understand everyone is crazy for the apps now, its app this or app that, but dont dumb down a phone jus so you can boost your app count.
  13. Purgatory

Purgatory New Member

I don't think it is the apps that they are trying to push, but the fact of choice. In which case, if I want to have an app to transfer with blu-tooth, then I can download it. If I don't want to do it Ad-hoc over Wi-Fi then I don't have to buy or get the app and have it take up space for storage and on my apps screen or in my settings. I see this as a choice, not a drawback. Yes, this might be an issue to people who don't know what they are doing, but this is based off of Linux, so it better be open for anyone to work with. That is why i bought this phone. Now I can have it set up the way I want it to, and not how the man tells me how it should be. If I don't want this app either because it is taking space on my phone and I will never use it, then what is the use of keeping it on the phone?
  14. zx14dreamz

zx14dreamz New Member

the problem again lies in there is no app to tranfer over bluetooth.
  15. ernova2112

ernova2112 New Member

Bluetooth transfer by medieval software

just got the free download into my motorola droid....was having problems transfering pics via bluetooth to my mac .... now it works like a charm ...
    I just finished multi selecting various pics from droid to download into my imac and everything went just fine..
  16. zx14dreamz

zx14dreamz New Member

thanks for the suggestion :icon_ banana: ill give it a try.
  17. th9203

th9203 New Member

This discussion got me curious so I DL'd BFT onto both mine and my wife's Droids. Droid to Droid works great. Now I have OPTIONS! FTP, BT, Wired - no matter where I am I can move data to and from my laptop and the two phones.

The Droid is definately more computer than PDA and way more than a phone.
  18. Purgatory

Purgatory New Member

I completely agree.
  19. BmoreKarl

BmoreKarl New Member

happy, long transfers

I've transferred dozens of Mb of photos and tied midieval's bft up for 5-10 minutes at a time with no excessive heating (did get warm). I had trouble shortly after the 2.1 update came out, and dropped midieval for a time, but I picked up their latest version and it works well.
  20. darcsyde83

darcsyde83 New Member

do any of the blue tooth file transfer apps work with other cells such as an LG290cm slider? its not a smartphone but id like to move over some backgrounds and some ringtones.

oddly enough my LG can txt over pictures/audio files. while my droid can send pictures it has no option to send audio files "aside from recording audio and texting that file just made the option to send already made/stored audio does not exist." eigher haveing the option to send these files via text or figureing a way to transfer it over by blue tooth or even useing a PC as a middle man so to speak would be great.

any info would be greatly appreciated.
Search tags for this page
android bluetooth file transfer app
app to transfer bluetooth ipad to android

best android bluetooth file transfer app

best bluetooth file transfer app for android

free bluetooth file transfer app for android
galaxy s3 bluetooth to ipad music best app
how to transfer from ipad to droid bionic
r2d2 droid transfering files onto pc
send files from ipad to android bluetooth
the best free bluetooth file application for x2-01