bluetooth file transfer app?

th9203

Reaction score
This discussion got me curious so I DL'd BFT onto both mine and my wife's Droids. Droid to Droid works great. Now I have OPTIONS! FTP, BT, Wired - no matter where I am I can move data to and from my laptop and the two phones.

The Droid is definately more computer than PDA and way more than a phone.

BmoreKarl

Reaction score
happy, long transfers

In case you haven't found it already, I thought I would mention the free app in the android market by Medieval software. It's called "Bluetooth File Transfer" and it works great for file transfers between my Droid and my computer via Bluetooth. I'm using Windows Vista and a Zoom Bluetooth USB Adapter.

I've transferred dozens of Mb of photos and tied midieval's bft up for 5-10 minutes at a time with no excessive heating (did get warm). I had trouble shortly after the 2.1 update came out, and dropped midieval for a time, but I picked up their latest version and it works well.

darcsyde83

Reaction score
do any of the blue tooth file transfer apps work with other cells such as an LG290cm slider? its not a smartphone but id like to move over some backgrounds and some ringtones.

oddly enough my LG can txt over pictures/audio files. while my droid can send pictures it has no option to send audio files "aside from recording audio and texting that file just made the option to send already made/stored audio does not exist." eigher haveing the option to send these files via text or figureing a way to transfer it over by blue tooth or even useing a PC as a middle man so to speak would be great.

any info would be greatly appreciated.