has anybody gotten bluetooth transfer to work?

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by ucpro, Dec 1, 2009.

1. ucpro

ucpro New Member

this is my first time posting, but i've been lookin @ the site for a about 2weeks. I got my droid today and tried to pair with a buddy of mine @ work who has the same droid to see if we could trade music, and the connection kept timing out. i'm using bluetooth file transfer. I've been looking around but i haven't gotten a yes it will work, or no, i wish it did work type of answer....
  2. racklefratz

racklefratz Guest

It works. I sent an image to my wife's Droid across the room via BT, and I sent a bunch of images from my Droid to my PC running Win7.

There seems to be a file size limit around 300kb - try with smaller files first.
  3. ucpro

ucpro New Member

the problem is that it keeps timing out during connecting. i cant get to the point to have the option of sending anything
  4. racklefratz

racklefratz Guest

I think "connecting" is a non-issue. The whole time I was sending stuff back and forth, the devices on the Droid showed "Paired but not connected". I ignored that and kept on sending stuff, and they went through.

Anytime you use BT to send/receive, you have to do something at each end. The sender picks what to send, tells the Droid to send via BT, selects which device to send to. The receiver should get a notification that the other device wants to send something, and that notification has to be acknowledged before anything else will happen. Are you doing all that?

If you're getting that far and still failing, something else may be going on, like a file type the Droid chokes on, file size, or something. Long as you get it paired, it should be possible to send/receive, but I don't know what the limitations are. I've only done .jpg images so far to prove it works, I don't have a lot of other stuff I really need to send by BT.

Most things I've put on the Droid I've just mount the SD card and copy/paste from the PC so far.
  5. ucpro

ucpro New Member

does yours say 'connection timed out' or 'connection reset by peer'. that's what both of the droids say when we try to connect. maybe the setup isn't right in someway
  6. racklefratz

racklefratz Guest

Can't remember seeing anything about the connection. When I tried to transfer an image that was too big, I think it said "Transfer Failed" or some such.

Just make sure each device shows it's paired with the other one and remember to do what you have to before each transfer ON EACH DEVICE, and experiment till you get it figured out.

Good luck.
Search tags for this page
after 300kb file transfer bluetooth failed
android and pc bluetooth connection failed
android bluetooth file transfer size limit
android: both phones are paired but bluetooth transfer keeps

bluetooth 104 connection reset by peer

bluetooth connection failed android

bluetooth failed samsung to macbook
bluetooth file transfer sending failed
bluetooth files from android to mac connecion failed
bluetooth sending limit