Bluetooth audio

GRAWSTI

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with weak bluetooth audio sound? I have the LG HBS-700 bluetooth headset and audio was very full and rich with my Samsung Charge. However, when connected to my Razr, the audio lacks in fullness and bass... In the audio effects option, there is only Phone Speaker and Wired Stereo Devices...

Anyone? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

DSLKSL

Reaction score
Bluetooth

I have two RZR's and they both act up on two differant Parrot Bluetooth devices. The RZR spearker stays on. I have to click speak and then trun it off. But I also have two newer device were they work good.

jplujones

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with Bluetooth headphones. It sounds like the volume is only about half-way up. The brand of headphones are motorola so I figured it had to be the headphones, but when I sync it with my Samsung tablet it was fine. It must be a bug, hopefully they fix it soon, especially since the headphones were nearly $100. Have you had any issues with the phone rebooting while in HDMI mirror mode? I had trouble with the Droid Bionic also, always shutting down when plugged in via HDMI to my tv. I am guessing another bug.

rdubinator

Reaction score
Also looking for a solution

I also have the LG HBS-700 which has worked beautifully with my ancient Samsung flip, but now sounds like a tin can (and a quiet one at that) when listening to music on my new RAZR. Pretty happy with the RAZR otherwise, but would really like to find a solution to this issue. Phone calls work fine, it's just the A2DP music reproduction that sux.

Reaction score
I use Motorola Bluetooth audio headphones haven't had an issues with them while listing to music or on phone calls.

rdubinator

Reaction score
Just tried a Plantronics headset- same issue

Dug out an old Plantronics stereo phone headset I've had for years that's worked fine with a number of different Bluetooth media devices- including my iMac. Same issue- weak, tinny audio. I had been thinking that the phone was sending audio using the phone profile, not the media one, which has caused a lot of problems in the past, but with the Plantronics the music was clearly in stereo, which the phone profile doesn't support. So I guess we know it's not the headsets, since we have LG, Plantronics and Motorola headsets all not working properly. How do we bring this to Motorola's attention?

GOMER113

Reaction score
This post has a temporary solution, but it mostly has to do with my experience and troubleshooting. I'll keep an eye on this thread in hopes that someone can come up with a permanent solution.

My wife got the LG HBS-700 last week and used it on her OG Droid and my Thunderbolt and it sounded great on both. A few days later, she got the RAZR and has had the same issue as the thread starter. We just went to the store where we bought both items (non-Verizon store) and bought another headset just to test it. This time it was the Motorola S-10 HD.

The S-10 sounded just fine, but not as good as the HBS-700 on the other phones. We have also tested wired headsets and they sound great.

I then decided to read the HBS-700 manual and found that it has equalizer options by pressing the volume up and volume down buttons simultaneously. After three or four presses, it finally makes a difference and it's louder and has more bass. I could almost say it sounds great! I tested this on the dialer, Pandora, Slacker, and YouTube.

I played a video on YouTube, but it wasn't HD, so it didn't sound very good. It did sound better than before I had discovered the equalizer. I then tested Pandora and had to switch the equalizer for the first song. I skipped the song after 2 minutes and the audio automatically went back to the tinny, low quality sound. I tried a few other songs and I had to reset the equalizer on each song. I did not let if go from one song to the next on its own; I skipped each time I tried another song.

I then went to Slacker and had to reset the equalizer for the first song. I skipped to another, then another, and I did not have to reset the equalizer during this time. Then I switched over to the dialer and I called my office and heard the business hours message and it sounded loud and clear. It sounded pretty bad before. I went back to Slacker and reset the equalizer once again, then I skipped a few songs without having to reset it.

Fiddling with the phone's equalizer didn't seem to have much effect. Now it's just a matter of finding a way for the phone and/or the headset to remember the ideal setting and keeping it rather than having to reset it every few minutes.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
This post has a temporary solution, but it mostly has to do with my experience and troubleshooting. I'll keep an eye on this thread in hopes that someone can come up with a permanent solution.

My wife got the LG HBS-700 last week and used it on her OG Droid and my Thunderbolt and it sounded great on both. A few days later, she got the RAZR and has had the same issue as the thread starter. We just went to the store where we bought both items (non-Verizon store) and bought another headset just to test it. This time it was the Motorola S-10 HD.

The S-10 sounded just fine, but not as good as the HBS-700 on the other phones. We have also tested wired headsets and they sound great.

I then decided to read the HBS-700 manual and found that it has equalizer options by pressing the volume up and volume down buttons simultaneously. After three or four presses, it finally makes a difference and it's louder and has more bass. I could almost say it sounds great! I tested this on the dialer, Pandora, Slacker, and YouTube.

I played a video on YouTube, but it wasn't HD, so it didn't sound very good. It did sound better than before I had discovered the equalizer. I then tested Pandora and had to switch the equalizer for the first song. I skipped the song after 2 minutes and the audio automatically went back to the tinny, low quality sound. I tried a few other songs and I had to reset the equalizer on each song. I did not let if go from one song to the next on its own; I skipped each time I tried another song.

I then went to Slacker and had to reset the equalizer for the first song. I skipped to another, then another, and I did not have to reset the equalizer during this time. Then I switched over to the dialer and I called my office and heard the business hours message and it sounded loud and clear. It sounded pretty bad before. I went back to Slacker and reset the equalizer once again, then I skipped a few songs without having to reset it.

Fiddling with the phone's equalizer didn't seem to have much effect. Now it's just a matter of finding a way for the phone and/or the headset to remember the ideal setting and keeping it rather than having to reset it every few minutes.

Yeah my rokrs work great they are moto S9's and they sound awesome as always...I just keep getting a popping skip sound via Pandora and my receiver speaker in phone call buzz real bad so I'm getting a new one tomorrow.

Tapped by a Razr...
PEACE! ALL!!-------->>>D2D™

bansheegoof

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my $100 Motorola s10 headphones. Calling Motorola and Verizon they said I need to update my headphones. Pretty vague. Can u update firmware on headphone? Both those parties suked. Guess we r screwed.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my $100 Motorola s10 headphones. Calling Motorola and Verizon they said I need to update my headphones. Pretty vague. Can u update firmware on headphone? Both those parties suked. Guess we r screwed.

Yeah yours are much similar..But I don't know of any update...I know our razr has 4.0 Bluetooth and maybe ours aren't compatible..lol hope not these bad boys are expensive and sound the Best I've tested and lasted all last year and this year without a blown speaker or nothing ..frickin loud and crisp and clean and the deepest bass I've ever heard including beats...

Tapped on the edge of a RAZR...
PEACE! ALL!!-------->>>D2D™

rdubinator

Reaction score
:angry:

Thanks for the tip. I have tried it with my LG's and as you indicated, once the EQ is set to the fourth profile, suddenly the volume jumps and the audio sounds normal. However, I haven't found any media where it doesn't reset to the tinny sounding profile on the next track. There doesn't appear to be any way to make the profile 'stick'. And of course we shouldn't have to do this anyway for a phone that supposedly has such extensive Bluetooth support.

Emailed Motorola. :angry: Yeah, that was useful. After 48 hours, got automated reply with a couple of FAQ's that had the word Bluetooth in them. Nice work, Moto. Making me miss my trusty old Samsung, and perhaps nudging me toward the Nexus when it comes out.

So had some time to kill and called Moto's support, not expecting much. But with relatively few trees, reached a live person, who quickly escalated me to level 2, where the rep listened to my issue, went offline for about 5 minutes and is escalating to Level 3, who he says has information on this subject. However, they have gone home for the day (on the East Coast) so they will call me tomorrow. I'll report back if we get anywhere. But at least they appear to be trying.

Or maybe not. Had my phone by my side all day and not a peep from Moto. Looking more and more like the next stop will be Nexus.

Ultimately, got a couple more calls from Moto, but they lost interest without coming up with any suggestions. Sill doesn't play music properly with either the Plantronics or LG headsets. Bought from VZ online during a promo that allows a return until January 14. If nothing is fixed by then, will return and wait for Nexus or Droid 4.:angry:

Last edited:

tazcrash69

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with weak bluetooth audio sound? I have the LG HBS-700 bluetooth headset and audio was very full and rich with my Samsung Charge. However, when connected to my Razr, the audio lacks in fullness and bass... In the audio effects option, there is only Phone Speaker and Wired Stereo Devices...

Anyone? Thanks!

I have the same headset, and it worked great on on Incredible, and then on my razr. Then one day the sound level just dropped, and the quality went to a really tinny sound.
If you press and hold the volume up, and down for a second you can cycle through the headphone equalizer.
Unfortunately now I have to do it every-time I turn my music on or off.

HTH

smgill

Reaction score
same issue

I have the same headset, and it worked great on on Incredible, and then on my razr. Then one day the sound level just dropped, and the quality went to a really tinny sound.
If you press and hold the volume up, and down for a second you can cycle through the headphone equalizer.
Unfortunately now I have to do it every-time I turn my music on or off.

HTH

I have the same issue. I cycle through everytime I llisten to music to get the normal sound, even when the music stood (ie, between tracks at times.)

Anyone find a fix to this?

Thanks

SallyC

Reaction score
I got the LG HBS-700 this afternoon. I also have the Motorola Elite Sliver, which is not stereo. I've tried them both with my Razr and with an iPod Touch. The Motorola works fine with both, needing no EQ profile changes. The LG works fine with the iPod but with the Razr defaults to the same low volume, tinny sound others have mentioned. I can get a nice full sound by switching profiles, as Gomer113 posted. It does not switch back during the length of my playing music, but if I stop it or turn it off, it does.

I've written LG and asked them if they know of a way to save a profile. My guess is not, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'm still happy with the LG's. They have good sound (after I make the profile change), are so lightweight and comfortable I forget I'm wearing them, and aesthetically have a low, unobtrusive profile. I could send them back as Amazon's very good about that, but for $52, I think they're well worth a little inconvenience. When shopping I didn't see anything else I was that crazy about.

If LG gives me any solutions I'll be sure to post back. But it seems to be something with the Razr and the LG as I'm not having it with my iPod and I'm not having it with my Razr with the Moto Elite Sliver.

smgill

Reaction score
I agree, inconvenience, but headset sounds great when it works.