bluetooth and audio output

sublevel4

Reaction score
I had a droid razr and now i have a Galaxy S4. On my droid i could have my bluetooth connected and then plug in my audio that goes to my car stereo. When i got a call it went to the bluetooth and the music stopped. If i turned off the bluetooth then the audio was transferred to the stereo if i unplugged the stereo the audio went to the bluetooth. Basically it knew where to send what based on what is connected. It didn't work that way this morning with my new S4. i had the bluetooth connected and then plugged in the audio. I was listening to the radio when i got a call the call came over the stereo and not to my bluetooth. How to i change this if i can.

reybie

Reaction score
Bring up the bluetooth properties and click the gear icon next to the bluetooth device name, it should have two options available, media and call audio.

OP
S

sublevel4

Reaction score
With that wouldn't i have to change it everytime or will i just need to do it once?

reybie

Reaction score
Should be a one time deal unless you change bluetooth adapter.

OP
S

sublevel4

Reaction score
Ok when i do that. and i unplug the stereo i don't get the audio back in the blue tooth with out going back in and changing the setting

OP
S

sublevel4

Reaction score
Oh some more info on this. I had my S4 plugged into my stereo listening to pandora. i turned on my blue tooth. A call came in and i could not select headset from the call screen. The button on the bluetooth answered the call but the sound came through the stereo. I went in and made sure but the bluetooth device was assigned call and media audio. So it seems that having something plugged into the headphone jack trumps all other connections. :angry:

I have looked for setting but i have not found anything on it yet.

coryrk26

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I use sound about. It tells the phone how to handle each type of input/output. Its pretty much fixed all those problems.

Bratster2

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I use sound about. It tells the phone how to handle each type of input/output. Its pretty much fixed all those problems.

Do you have the play store link for sound about? I can't seem to find it.