Bluetooth audio

SallyC

Reaction score
meh! It's also doing it if I pause!:frown: That's annoying. I think I'm going to order Motorola's SD10-HD's and compare them. I'm a bit worried that the molded plastic won't be as nice, but I guess I'll just try them both and see where the pro/con thing ends up.

It's too bad because I really do like the LG's. I don't know enough to know if it's possible for them to update in some way that fixes it after market, but that would be ideal.

SallyC

Reaction score
Motorola's SD10-HD were too tight. Also I would have liked to be able to crank the volume up more, although the quality seemed okay. If you are a runner or someone who needs something that's tight and won't move around, as well as sweat resistant, they would probably be great - if you could get used to the tight feel around your head. I can't and they're going back.

I still have not heard back from LG about why the HBS-700's don't perform correctly with a Droid Razr.

Does anyone have stereo BT headphones they would recommend for the Razr?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola's SD10-HD were too tight. Also I would have liked to be able to crank the volume up more, although the quality seemed okay. If you are a runner or someone who needs something that's tight and won't move around, as well as sweat resistant, they would probably be great - if you could get used to the tight feel around your head. I can't and they're going back.

I still have not heard back from LG about why the HBS-700's don't perform correctly with a Droid Razr.

Does anyone have stereo BT headphones they would recommend for the Razr?

Wow too tight? I used both s9 and 10's. You do know the arms can be stretched? I add a slight pull outwards and inwards to fit my needs. Yeah when you get them and use them the first time they are snug. I have a small or thin head though so... but they get loose at times as my son spreads them apart. They are flex able and won't break. Just don't take them and be over baring lol..hope this helps. As you have pointed out they sound amazing...for sound and also keep a depth and volume worthy of the name! IMO..

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

SallyC

Reaction score
Wow too tight? I used both s9 and 10's. You do know the arms can be stretched? I add a slight pull outwards and inwards to fit my needs. Yeah when you get them and use them the first time they are snug. I have a small or thin head though so... but they get loose at times as my son spreads them apart. They are flex able and won't break. Just don't take them and be over baring lol..hope this helps. As you have pointed out they sound amazing...for sound and also keep a depth and volume worthy of the name! IMO..

No, I didn't know they could be stretched. I thought about it, but didn't want to risk breaking them. The instructions say nothing about this. Which is strange since most of the bad reviews I read about them were related to this problem.

Too bad because I already sent them back.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, I didn't know they could be stretched. I thought about it, but didn't want to risk breaking them. The instructions say nothing about this. Which is strange since most of the bad reviews I read about them were related to this problem.

Too bad because I already sent them back.

Dont get me wrong I never saw that in the manual. Just heard about it and by toying with them nonstop I stumbled over the idea . In my case they stretched out too wide. But I pushed them back and they keep their shape. Lol idk maybe their just a good pair.. the ones i use most is the s9 and they are older but they sound a bit better and for some reason more comfy..lol IMO that is...:) at least you are getting what suits your needs!!!! Peace!

smgill

Reaction score
Great news! This was just fixed with the new OTA update pushed to my RAZR this morning. No more needing to change the equalizer settings. Anyone else notice that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

tazcrash69

Reaction score
I noticed this as well, but before it went back to "normal" I had a problem connecting to my headset.
I didn't know it was the result of an OTA update. I was going to post that I didn't need to cycle to through the headset EQ.

SallyC

Reaction score
Yes, the LG HBS-700 EQ issue is fixed for me too! I also had difficulty connecting the first time. I just removed it then added it back and it's all good now.

So happy!!!:icon_ lala:

Last edited:

AceDROID

Reaction score
Does anyone else experience the fact that notification sounds don't go through their bluetooth? I have a jawbone icon, and I can evenlisten to my music using it, but calls and notifications don't go through it even though it says its connected to phone audio and media.. it can't be just a motorola thing, since my thunderbolt sent the audio through it.. what gives? =(

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

AceDROID

Reaction score
I meant ring tones, not calls. I can still talk on it, but that's it.

AceDROID

Reaction score
Noone else seems to have this issue? Or is it normal for the phone? I really thought that it would work flawless as it did on my thunderbolt, which is really upsetting.

Also, on a side note, while on a call (using bluetooth), the handcent option to make a sound on call doesn't go through the bluetooth either. This phone can't have a really crappy bluetooth radio, can it..?

NiteCloak

Reaction score
How much of that pass-thru audio technology is driven by the phone and how much by the headset tho'?

I have a Motorola H715 bluetooth earpiece and about all I can do with that is rx/tx calls. With my old HTC Droid Eris that was ALL it would do, but I notice now with my Droid4 that if I double tap the larger receive-call button it will prompt me with a voice to ask for a command which is definitely driven by the Droid because it never did that with my Eris.

AceDROID

Reaction score
Well, if there's a technology 'lack' on either end, its definitely on the phone's side. I used my Icon on my thunderbolt, and the notifications, ringtones, it all went through the bluetooth. For some reason it won't go through on my droid 4.

The reason I don't understand it is because going into my google music, I can listen to my songs fine through the bluetooth, so why not the ringers and notification sounds? The only thing I can think of would be that my old thunderbolt classed the ringers and notification sounds as media, and the droid 4 does not, which I know wouldn't be an android issue as much as it would be a hardware flaw? Well, I call it a flaw, anyways. :mad: