BlueAnt Q2 on 2.2 vs. Q1 on 2.1 & 2.2.

therock

Reaction score
Not rooted I went after 2.2 instead of waiting and it went very well.
I was using a Blueant Q1 in 2.1 and voice dialing was nonexistent. Remembering the 8 speed dials was a hassle.

So I get 2.2 and when I use Q1 "phone commands" feature for voice dialing and it rings the dialed phone and fully powers the Q1 down, silently with no indication it turns off and you just sit there wondering. The dialed number does not disconnect unless I do it.

I called Blueant and they were clueless and are looking into it.

As an investigator doing all kinds of tasks behind the wheel I really need the voice dialing feature so I purchased a Q2 from BA at a promo price of $99.00 at the standard shipping it was here the 3rd day.

Much better. In more ways than just voice dialing. The voice commands have been optimized, trimmed or streamlined.
No more tapping and saying "menu settings" and having to listen to all the options before picking one. Now you tap and say what you want.
For example, turning the LED light on/off used to be at the end of the line of choices. Now you just tap, after "say a command" is announced you just say what you want.

The Q1 used to tell you the headset and phone battery level but the Q2 only announces the headsets level.

I have 250 contacts in my phone and they transferred to the Q2 in less than 15 seconds.

The sound is cleaner & richer on the Q2 than the Q1 although I had to go back to the Q1 to compare to compare.

There is already a firmware update from 1.0 to 1.1.
The USB cable is no longer a proprietary connection now micro USB. I tried a standard cable with success.

gtb75

Reaction score
Thanks for this info! I was waiting to hear some feedback before pulling the trigger on the Q2. One question though - where is the BlueAnt app for the Q2? I don't see it in the market. I've got a D1 with FRG22D.

OP
therock

therock

Reaction score
Where is the BlueAnt app for the Q2? I don't see it in the market. I've got a D1 with FRG22D.

Maybe there will be one but I have to say I didn't need the Q1 app. Once you set the thing up the app is just taking up space.