Bloatware apps safe to remove on the Droid 4

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Hacks' started by r314bd, Feb 12, 2012.

1. r314bd

r314bd Member

Ratings:
    +23
    I don't think that's true in every case. I have it frozen and my Contacts app works properly. I suppose it depends on other factors in your set up but in any case I will remove it from the list

2. alex94kumar

alex94kumar New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone know which app controls how facebook friends sync into your contacts?

3. daryls61

daryls61 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I uninstalled madden and the golf game but they had uninstall option available. Will I still have trouble with update?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

4. ashobe

ashobe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Remove all the "bloatware" is easy... just buy a plain dialing only phone. I guess i must be the only person who doesnt buy a phone for the sole purpose of rooting it. Stop complaining, you knew it was there when you bought the phone. Just my 2ยข worth

5. NeoPhoenixTE

NeoPhoenixTE Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Naturally, I assume this list is simply what's safe to remove, and not what you should remove.

There's a couple apps on that list that I actually like, so I'll keep them around for now. :)

6. Droid3Guy

Droid3Guy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any apps on the market that allow you to freeze your apps without root? Or is it impossible to do without rooting? Thanks.

7. GuitarSkater

GuitarSkater New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I can confirm this, every time I went into display options on contacts it would crash. I unfroze the yahoo apps and everything is fine now, however i am still unable to sync my facebook contacts... it wont let me add an account?

8. Yonnor

Yonnor I r Teh Greetest

Ratings:
    +2
    The Contacts can be viewed fine but when you try to edit them or open them it will FC. Its just how Moto has made apps co-dependent on each other for no real reason.

Here's the XDA Link with Pete's Debloat Script. It has a nice list of apps that you can remove. Clicky Link

9. obogobo

obogobo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, it looks like YahooMailAuthenticaor is the problem with Contacts app and Display Options. At least in my case if Yahoo Contacts and Yahoo Calendar Service are frozen everything works fine. The same is NOT true when disabling the MailAuthenticator though.

As far as Facebook contacts go, if you want images associated with your contacts you're gonna have to use the MotoBlur built in Social Networking app. For whatever reason the official Facebook doesn't pull down contact images and the Accounts Manager won't let you add a Facebook account through the official app, clicking the icon does nothing.

10. GuitarSkater

GuitarSkater New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a solution (so far) for Facebook contacts.. most likely those having issues with it have frozen the social networking apps... I defrosted all of them and now in my contacts display options I now have Facebook as an option... I'm going to reboot and see if they show up now with pictures

11. r314bd

r314bd Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Thanks for the update, added it to the OP. If you can narrow it down further to the app(s) that are needed for Facebook contact sync to work let us know.

12. GuitarSkater

GuitarSkater New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive gone and tried everything, those most i can get out of it is when i defrost the social apps. This is the most the accounts screen in contacts/phone accounts for facebook shows;
    View attachment 47365
    Previously there was an option for syncing all or pre-existing contacts

it seems there is an issue with the facebook API, I spoke to few android gurus about this and they said its not just this phone, others are experiencing it too. Currently while in the facebook settings all i have it this;
    View attachment 47364
    There used to be a bottom section about syncing contacts and what not.

I have restored previous versions of facebook (1.6.1 and 1.2.6) and neither have that option to sync contacts while installed or when initially running the app for the first time.

I am going to go out on a limb and say its the API getting mixed feelings towards this new pre-loading of social networking sites/authentication on the DROID 4, im going to keep poking around with it tomorrow and get back to everyone on my findings

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
Search tags for this page

droid 4 bloatware

droid 4 bloatware safe to remove
droid 4 how to remove apps not used
droid 4 remove bloatware
motocast bloatware
motorola droid 4 apps to disable
take apps off droid 4
what is zumoservice on droid razr
zecter.droid

zumoservice