Blank pictures in camera gallery--2.2

Alpinestars96

Reaction score
I took a couple pictures today and they show up as a black screen in the gallery and does not show the picture at all when you open it. I have the first release of 2.2. Anyone have this happen? I know there are other camera issues but this is mine right now. Thanks

busboybud

Reaction score
I am having the same problem and it occurred after the 2.2 update. Rebooting the phone did the trick for me... I'd give that a shot.. just one of the many ways my droid frustrates me to no end.

OP
A

Alpinestars96

Reaction score
I also rebooted now it seems fine but yes somethings with this current update are annoying me. Thanks for the help!

mcelrepr

Reaction score
Black Pictures

After trying to restart several times with no success getting my camera to take picures that were not black in the gallery I started the phone in safe mode tried that camera and it worked properly. I then restarted my phone in Normal mode and tried it and the camera now works.

To start in safe mode open the keyboard while the phone is off and hold down the menu key(the three little lines) and then press the power button while holding. The bottom of the screen will show safe mode.