Blacked out Sub Menu's, Pop Ups, and App Widget music, settings, news and weather

gsxr750

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Heres a quick release due to not having much time i had on my phone temporally. The menues are blacked out transparent with the soft key color on bottom fixed to the cyanogen color. One zip has the stock app widgets blacked out too. Settings Music and News and Weather! Only use with stock asop roms. Not sure if it will work with cyanogenmod 9 due to the framework could be a little different, havent had time to look at it. This is on the famous Bugless Beast and has only been tested on Bugless!

Make sure your rooted and have Bugless Beast installed on phone please!

Will be making it a themed rom soon so there are no issues!

Will be releasing full themes after the holidays!

Screenshot_2011-12-23-23-39-28.png
Screenshot_2011-12-23-23-39-03.png
Screenshot_2011-12-23-23-38-53.png
Screenshot_2011-12-23-23-38-26.png
Screenshot_2011-12-23-23-39-41.png

Settings, Music, News and Weather, with Framework and Pop Ups- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JRA9YW0G

Framework and PopUps only- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6RH8B9SE

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The framework looks awesome, I removed the systemUI from the zip before installing - wouldn't change the pressed soft key icon for the world :)

Thanks for putting this together :big smile:

Geschickt mit meinem Galaxy Nexus aus Deutschland

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the blacker you make it, the more I like it... good stuff man! Im not running BB but I can tell by the screens .... I Want It!

OP
gsxr750

gsxr750

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks dude!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
gsxr750

gsxr750

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
did you intall it to Bugless Beast without wiping data and cache. Lots of people tested and has been fine

hellboar

Reaction score
im on stock. quite unfortunate, now i cant get my phone to work at all, guess im returning it to verizon tomorrow

hellboar

Reaction score
i am rooted, and im not on a rom. it might be because i didnt have news and weather installed. but since i dont have pay version of root explorer I have to reflash clockwork every time. Seeing as this caused bootloop, I cannot access my clockwork recovery either. So im bootlooped or im at the Yellow exclamation mark when i hit recovery. Oh well, looking forward to trying to flash it before i set up my phone.

OP
gsxr750

gsxr750

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
news and weather come installed on the phone. it comes with google gapps. Did you have any backups on your phone. If so turn your phone off hold volume up and down ant the same time your holding power will reboot you back into clockwork, and hopefully if so you made a back up when you rooted your phone. If not you can flash your phone back to stock again. Please do not go back to verizon, unnecessary. If you flash make sure your on a rom (Bugless Beast) Heres a simple video on flashing it back to stock for you [video=youtube;yggpyJ1nqj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yggpyJ1nqj0[/video] THERES TONS OF INFORMATION OUT THE ALREADY ON FLASHING BACK TO STOCK!

Last edited:

hellboar

Reaction score
I told you I cannot access clockwork, I dont have root explorer pay version so I never deleted that file thus making me have to reload clockwork each time. I used superboot to root/unlock so I cannot use ADB (drivers will not install device will not show up even with manual driver installation). If i access recovery I just get a Red exclamation mark, I appriciate the help though but I've tried every common fix.

Also I manually uninstall News and weather, if that confuses you.

OP
gsxr750

gsxr750

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
news and weather would just reinstall. This happened because you installed something that was made for a rom not stock. Sorry, hope you get it worked out

hellboar

Reaction score
fastboot erase recovery got me doing fastboot commands, but i cant get clockwork up yet. hopefully soon

OP
gsxr750

gsxr750

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm gonna put all this into Bugless Beast and add some more stuff so you guys can just flash it as a rom tonight! Hope u get it

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Darn...I just came across this and was really hoping it worked on Gummy. A backup, bootloop, and restore later here I am. I guess I'll have to install Pete's ROM if I want some blackout. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited: