Black Screen of Death

comk4ver

Reaction score
What: Phone works/worked just fine then you try turning on the phone and all you get is a black screen. You try changing the battery and still nothing. You can't even access bootloader, recovery, Odin nothing. However when you try plugging in the phone without the battery into your computer you hear the computer make a connected device noise or see the computer install something then it quickly stops. If you search Google you'll see that this solves this particular issue for the gsm version of the galaxy nexus for us cdma (even toroplus) it's hit and miss or in one particular case the user tried thirty times before it worked.

When: Sometimes, if you leave it alone for a couple of weeks and you try turning it on it does.

Why: Supposedly, it can be a variety of issues, but most issues come from hardware or dead hard drive. But in most cases, it's still fixable it just depends on your issue which is possible to diagnose. Jtag is also another option to access the phone.

My case: My Verizon is suffering from the black screen of death but I don't see any activity on my computer. But, I'm going to try and make it work and will post my results in tutorial format. So far what is needed are the following:
1) Jtag software
2) Odin software
3)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

OP
comk4ver

comk4ver

Reaction score
Okay first thing first: I didn't figure this out! This has been modified and adjusted from the GSM tutorial and have managed with help from xxxxxx for the files.
Warning Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for what happens to your device when trying this method!
1) Download the following files:
OMAP, Odin and the recovery files.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk