S7 Black Screen of Death - No resets work, phone appears on

ArcticFamily

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy S7
Verizon - Android 8 (several weeks ago w/o issue)

Tonight when I pulled it from my pocket w/o any recent drops or relevant events, it has the black screen of death.

The phone appears to be on, reset attempts do generate vibrations. I hear sounds like texts coming in, but no attempt to reboot gets the screen to come on.

I've tried - charging the phone, as it may have been very low or even completely drained? The phone did warm up like the battery was charging, but showed nothing on the screen.

None of these have fixed the issue, but some do generate an acknowledging vibration:

1) Power + Volume Down
2) Power + Volume Up
3) Vol Up + Down + Power
4) Volume Up + Home + Power
5) Volume Down + Home + Power
6) JUST the Power button - hold it down.... again just vibration, never anything but a black screen.
Have tried these w/ and w/o the phone plugged in.

Where to go from here?
Will letting it fully discharge over time and then trying to charge help?
I'm not even sure it's on now, so, won't know when its discharged.

Earlier a flashing blue led was present, now nothing.

I've tried googling options and nothing seems to work.

Next ideas?

Last edited:

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
you are were not specific as to exactly what you did even though you said you tried the power and volume down button

did you try holding down the power button and only the power button until galaxy appears on the screen. once it appears, then immediately release the power then press and hold the volume down button until it boots.

OP
ArcticFamily

ArcticFamily

Reaction score
Yes... Tried just holding down the Power button as well.
Again, appears via vibration only that the phone starts, but still nothing EVER but a black screen.

you are were not specific as to exactly what you did even though you said you tried the power and volume down button

did you try holding down the power button and only the power button until galaxy appears on the screen. once it appears, then immediately release the power then press and hold the volume down button until it boots.