black screen during calls

atticus1283

Reaction score
Just recently after I make a call my screen goes black and there is no way to end the call unless the other person ends it first. is there anyway to change this in settings so my screen does not turn off when making a call. I did change in the settings to end call with the power button, but other than that pushing any other key will not do anything while on a call.

OP
A

atticus1283

Reaction score
Try downloading Not Call Log from the market

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I downloaded the app, but are there certain settings i need to change to for it to work? and after I download it how am I to make a call for it to work?

ELH

Reaction score
Are you using an aftermarket case on your phone? Some of them block or interfere with the proximity sensor at the top of the phone face and cause this to happen. Or so I've heard...

OP
A

atticus1283

Reaction score
Are you using an aftermarket case on your phone? Some of them block or interfere with the proximity sensor at the top of the phone face and cause this to happen. Or so I've heard...

That is actually the problem. when I take the case off it works just fine! Any ideas on a good sturdy case that will not cause this problem? Im using the trident case now.

ELH

Reaction score
I use an Otterbox, the personal version not the corporate, and I love it. You can't even tell there's an aftermarket case on the phone because it looks like the phone was designed, or should have been designed, that way to start with.

srvctec

Reaction score
That is actually the problem. when I take the case off it works just fine! Any ideas on a good sturdy case that will not cause this problem? Im using the trident case now.

Or just trim, with a Dremel tool or something similar, where the part of your case covers the sensor.

Sent from my DROID X2