Screen doesn't come back after calls

warped1987

Reaction score
I have the setting in Call Setting for Show Dialpad set to the All Calls box, but when I answer a call my phones screen goes black and when I want to end the call the censor doesn't work when I move it at all angles to make the screen come back on, nothing I do works except hitting the power button to turn the screen back on, unlocking the phone and ending the call, what's up with this?

wildbill86

Reaction score
A screen cover that covers the proximity sensor just to the left of the earpiece can cause it.

Sent from my rooted D2G

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
A screen cover that covers the proximity sensor just to the left of the earpiece can cause it.

Sent from my rooted D2G

that censor is the light censor for things like In Pocket Detection, or the keyboard backlight, no?

I was under the belief that the calling censor was a motion activated one internally, like when going from Portrait to Landscape with your phone.

wildbill86

Reaction score
There is a light sensor somewhere, not sure where, maybe right beside the prox sensor. A proximity sensor is exactly what it says, it senses when things are close, therefore it must be on the front of the phone where your face/ear touches. Make a call and look beside the earpeice, it should be lit up very lightly red. Not guaranteeing that a screen cover is your problem, as mine doesn't affect the sensor, even though it does cover it. That's just what I have read can be a problem.

Sent from my rooted D2G

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
I have a screen cover on and the Otterbox commuter case, maybe the case is the problem, i was sure the screen was based on an internal motion censor thingy