Black Screen! Can anyone Help?

odetoalways

Reaction score
Hey everyone, have used this site for a while now and love it, but this time around I'm not able to find an answer to this problem that has worked anywhere...

My phone started screen tearing and then freezing when I'd open the physical keyboard, and finally the screen went black. Backlight is still on but screen displays nothing, managed to boot into recovery and restore once, but then absent mindedly opened the keyboard and now I can't even see recovery. Phone boots and can get into recovery but I can't see anything. Left the battery out overnight and still no luck.

Phone is currently charging to be tried again with full battery, and is telling me I'm getting texts but I can't see anything haha.
1) Anybody know of anything else I could try?
2) The phone's under a year old, since the screen's black would Verizon take it back even though I'm rooted, since you now can't tell because you can't see anything. Or is there still a way for them to tell that I'm rooted?
3) If there was a thread on this topic that I missed I apologize and would appreciate it if you could post the link to it

A855 running rooted FRG22D deodexed from pete's website with the Blue Energy theme

Thanks guys

barryp3403

Reaction score
I don't know for sure but it sounds like you have a pure hardware issue. It really shouldn't matter that you're rooted. Why and how would VZW even check short of fixing the hardware first. More likely then not they'll just wipe the phone and send you a refurbished phone. I wonder if anyone has a better answer.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

robinr

Reaction score
Did you root the phone, or did someone else do it? Anyway, I would unroot it and see if it goes back to stock. If it does then maybe you missed something when you rooted it. Just a thought.

Robin

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
O

odetoalways

Reaction score
Did you root the phone, or did someone else do it? Anyway, I would unroot it and see if it goes back to stock. If it does then maybe you missed something when you rooted it. Just a thought.

Robin

It's been rooted for months, but the problem now is that I can't see anything on the screen XD so I can't unroot to try to fix it. The phone works normally, lcd lights up but stays black so I can't see anything

robinr

Reaction score
Well that is strange. I can't think of what it would be or how to fix it. Maybe someone over at the DroidX forum could help out with it?

OP
O

odetoalways

Reaction score
I was thinking that maybe I'd try flashing a nandroid backup I had, although I'd have to do so blindly. Any opinions on that? And if it sounds like it's worth a shot anybody willing to post screen shots or what the keystrokes would be for clockworkmod recovery? I should be running the latest version for Droid 1

edit: pretty sure i managed to wipe data/factory reset and cache using a youtube video as reference, but it didn't seem to solve anything...don't know if it's worth trying the nandroid backup too

edit 2: Put the nandroid of the OTA 2.2 on the top of my nandroid list and tried the blind restore, didn't do anything etiher, but at least I'm not rooted lol

Troops2990

Reaction score
i'd bring it to a store, sounds like an issue that a new phone would fix.