Black Screen & Battery Life

Richard Stanley

Reaction score
I have had my Droid since Nov and have 2 MAJOR complaints. Am I the only one with these problems
1. When I receive (or make) a call the screen goes blank. If I need to use the phone to look up a number or other I can not get the screen to wake up ?
2. Battery barely lasts 4 hours.
Any thoughts ?
Richard

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
For the 1st issue, download an app called Screebl from the market... It will make it so your screen stays on. That issue drove me nuts as well, but Screebl fixes it. As far as battery, it could be a lot of things... You have to be more specific... What brightness do you keep your screen at? Do you keep wifi, sync, gps etc all on? Many, many factors...

OP
R

Richard Stanley

Reaction score
For the 1st issue, download an app called Screebl from the market... It will make it so your screen stays on. That issue drove me nuts as well, but Screebl fixes it. As far as battery, it could be a lot of things... You have to be more specific... What brightness do you keep your screen at? Do you keep wifi, sync, gps etc all on? Many, many factors...
Thanks for your quick reply.
Issue 1 - I tried screeble but it does not seem to work my Droid. Not sure why ??
Issue 2 - Screen is set to bright (only way I can read it in sunlight) but I am not a heavy user of either phone or other apps. I am not using Bluetooth or wifi (have them turned off)
Perhaps you have some other thoughts on either topic.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Not sure why Screebl doesn't work for you... did you check the box that says "enable screebl"?? (Dont take that as an insult.. just the only thing I can think of)... As far as your battery... Having your screen on full bright sucks out battery at an alarming rate and is probably your biggest culprit... How is the signal for calls and 3G in your area? I've noticed that when I'm at work or home that a chunk of battery goes to "cell standby".. which, if I understand it correctly, is due to your phone constantly checking for a signal. What does it say when you check battery use thru settings? (SETTINGS->ABOUT PHONE->BATTERY USE)