Droid X Screen turns black when initiating a call. Works when using bluetooth

jimlawon

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and when I dial a call, the screen goes black and stays black until I remove and replace the battery. I've read a number of threads about the problem. I have reset the phone & wiped the cache with no results. I've set preferences in settings. When I use my bluetooth headset making a call, the screen briefly goes dark, then comes back on to the dialer as the headset is connecting to the call. With headset, no problems, not using bluetooth, screen goes black and stays there. Any ideas?

katy83

Reaction score
Now im getting the same thing with texts. If I go into sms I fet a black screen and it kicks me out

knighthonor

Reaction score
I came here for the same thing with my Droid X.

Wobbling it shortly brings screen back on, which leads me to believe its an issue with the gyro sensor in the phone.

But still when screen cuts back on, I cant push any of the on screen buttons to end call, nor turn on speakers.

knighthonor

Reaction score
Not sure why,
but for people having this issue, are you using the Droid X phone Case?

If so, when it starts blacking out, try removing the case. See what happens. Mine stopped acting funny like that once I took the case off during the phone call.

bbsanchezi

Reaction score
me too,Wobbling it shortly brings screen back on, which leads me to believe its an issue with the gyro sensor in the phone.
4.gif