Bionic? Why bother.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Vzw, guy in the switch who gets the info bout the phones coming out and helps make sure the switch can handle them correctly.... Aka, my father n law.... There hasnt even been talk bout the bionic anymore

Droid X

You are mistaken it is still coming out. The only thing is that the CES Version of the phone is not being released. I have a friend That works here in North Carolina in Verizon Corporate Office that says it is coming and also another who is works in Verizon Development Area. You can follow his tweets on Twitter Black_Man_X that has always been correct when talking about Verizon phones and release dates. They meaning Verizon has already recieved test phones of the new Bionic/Targa. When BMX gets his test phone then we should start seeing specs.
PREACH the WORD n season and out of season!!!Can u feel me or did i lose YOU!!!

Last edited:

therock

Reaction score
Interesting. Well, I'm in for the long haul.
I'm waiting on the monster what ever it is, called, looks like, and even if not released till the fall.
Motorola has my D1 is running like a top with the latest Froyo 2.2.2 and was fine before it. They supported the D1 up until the very end. I was involved in the SOAK feedback trails and loved it. The darned phone was fine as it was and they could have coasted right on by the Froyo for the D1 but they tossed us another cherry on top. I do not see any examples like this from the other guys.

Trying the HTC Dinc2 broke me of upgrading to a non Motorola. I figured I could live without 4G and just needed a little faster phone and a larger screen. The speed jump from D1 to Dinc2 was non existent. The screen size jump was hardly a noticeable or a worthy move, the phone failed me in every way.

Now I WANT 4G and the processor speed but am comfy waiting with my warhorse D1. More comfy than patient I confess.

Thanks to Verizon they took it back, tore up the contract and reset my discount and said feel free to try again.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Well, I'm in for the long haul.
I'm waiting on the monster what ever it is, called, looks like, and even if not released till the fall.
Motorola has my D1 is running like a top with the latest Froyo 2.2.2 and was fine before it. They supported the D1 up until the very end. I was involved in the SOAK feedback trails and loved it. The darned phone was fine as it was and they could have coasted right on by the Froyo for the D1 but they tossed us another cherry on top. I do not see any examples like this from the other guys.

Trying the HTC Dinc2 broke me of upgrading to a non Motorola. I figured I could live without 4G and just needed a little faster phone and a larger screen. The speed jump from D1 to Dinc2 was non existent. The screen size jump was hardly a noticeable or a worthy move, the phone failed me in every way.

Now I WANT 4G and the processor speed but am comfy waiting with my warhorse D1. More comfy than patient I confess.

Thanks to Verizon they took it back, tore up the contract and reset my discount and said feel free to try again.
Its stories like that -that make me feel good about jumpin ship!!:icon_ banana:

salem667

Reaction score
Verizion will work with you.... I love my dx and not worried.bout 4g, until an X.comes out 4g.... Maybe, droid x3??? Would b intetesting....

Droid X

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
What is the release date looking like for the SUPER BIONIC MONSTER PHONE?

illmatic636

Reaction score
What is the release date looking like for the SUPER BIONIC MONSTER PHONE?
Anybody got a crystal ball?

Thx for the flame, theres just so many well informed people that have heard or know of rumors trying to get more info from them not flamers.

I heard that they will be release it in Sept. Coupled with the iPhone 5. That may change also, unless Moto is looking to go head to head with Apple.

illmatic636

Reaction score
The Epic Droid Bionic

[video=youtube;HK3j38iZ0HE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK3j38iZ0HE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

the commercial is sick

Last edited:

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

mike02vr6

Reaction score
that was a pretty cool video about the phone, I just hope we don't have to wait until Sept for it, that would suck badly. But I guess if they are trying to make sure it doesn't crash and they fix all the problems I will be cool with that. I will wait, I don't wanna get stuck with a phone just to upgrade I want something I will be happy with for a few years.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
that was a pretty cool video about the phone, I just hope we don't have to wait until Sept for it, that would suck badly. But I guess if they are trying to make sure it doesn't crash and they fix all the problems I will be cool with that. I will wait, I don't wanna get stuck with a phone just to upgrade I want something I will be happy with for a few years.

Im typing this from a droid charge it's a nice phone but I don't c myself with it for 2yrs.

trailblazen

Reaction score
shame that is the old Etna CES bionic.....I know I laughed too when It said "the end of waiting" ROFL!!!!