Bionic? Why bother.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Who knows? It might actually come to Verizon and be 4G.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
There will never be the perfect phone. As to why bother with the Bionic? Its hard to say. qHD is higher res, but it uses the Pentile Matrix. Thats one of the things I hated about Amoled screens before S Amoled +. (the pixel issue is fixed on +) So the screen will probably look sharper on the lower res S Amoled +.

THERE IS, it's called the "galaxy s II"

Too bad it will not be 4g on Verizon. If it was 4g on Verizon it would be perfect.

If thats true, add to that there are some users saying the GPS is STILL sketchy....

When I heard that, the GS 2 lost a lil of its shine for me. Now, at this point, I really dont know if I will even be upgrading this year. Looks like it maybe between Moto and LG for me.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
THERE IS, it's called the "galaxy s II"

Too bad it will not be 4g on Verizon. If it was 4g on Verizon it would be perfect.

If thats true, add to that there are some users saying the GPS is STILL sketchy....

When I heard that, the GS 2 lost a lil of its shine for me. Now, at this point, I really dont know if I will even be upgrading this year. Looks like it maybe between Moto and LG for me.

Also add This from Black_Man_X about the GS2:

"Up early to hit the gym.. got a samsung galaxy S2 to play with.. this is the device that shld have been the charge.." - @black_man_x , May 1, 2011

Followed by:

"... as for coming to vzw? Well sadly I don't have info to say what version we will get.." - @black_man_x , May 1.

He has mentioned that he doubts that Samsung can shoehorn a lte radio in the current thin version of the phone.

gsdreams

Reaction score
Besides that there is Samsuungs awsome history of releasing updates

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

Actually they have a pretty good history everywhere except the US. I'm more inclined it's more the carrier's fault than Samsungs.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

Actually they have a pretty good history everywhere except the US. I'm more inclined it's more the carrier's fault than Samsungs.

You are correct that it is the Providers fault. If the update is not up to par Verizon will not except it and will reject it.

gsdreams

Reaction score

You are correct that it is the Providers fault. If the update is not up to par Verizon will not except it and will reject it.

If it's the providers fault why is it affecting all providers in the US?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

All I can speak for is the Fascinate on Verizon. My contact told me that the fro-yo update was not up to Verizon's standards. That is why they rejected the update.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

Maybe the providers in America are too strict compared to all the other ones. Plus there was a rumor that Tmo was holding out because of the new 4g galaxy they just got. The carriers just don't care here in America imo.

salem667

Reaction score
Htc and samsung provide cheap crap that is awesome at first.... Then blah cheap plastic crap keeps going wacky!!!! There has been a lot.of problems.with TB....Bionic is canned completely, and there will b a different phone but they wont call it.a.bionic

Droid X

therock

Reaction score
Bionic is canned completely, and there will b a different phone but they wont call it.a.bionic Droid X

My money is your wrong on that one. I hope if I'm wrong, I am glad I was.

I wait, and my D1 has sweating palms.

One thing is for sure Moto & Verizon have a tight lip on this one.

Better form factor? A big hint but could mean anything from whole new look and shape to a little bit thinner or shorter etc?

Better user experience? A canned blanket statement only Nostradamus perhaps could decipher. It could be from quad-core 2 GB RAM to we fixed a faulty radio, to the screens were dirty in the box.

I just hope it's not to anti climatic. :dry:

gsdreams

Reaction score
Both Moto and VZW say the bionic is still coming, so where do you get informatio that contradicts both of them.

salem667

Reaction score
Vzw, guy in the switch who gets the info bout the phones coming out and helps make sure the switch can handle them correctly.... Aka, my father n law.... There hasnt even been talk bout the bionic anymore

Droid X

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Vzw, guy in the switch who gets the info bout the phones coming out and helps make sure the switch can handle them correctly.... Aka, my father n law.... There hasnt even been talk bout the bionic anymore

Droid X

You are mistaken it is still coming out. The only thing is that the CES Version of the phone is not being released. I have a friend That works here in North Carolina in Verizon Corporate Office that says it is coming and also another who is works in Verizon Development Area. You can follow his tweets on Twitter Black_Man_X that has always been correct when talking about Verizon phones and release dates. They meaning Verizon has already recieved test phones of the new Bionic/Targa. When BMX gets his test phone then we should start seeing specs.