Bionic Reviews, Tips, and problems

Spartans_08

Reaction score
I dont have an issue with the date widget. Wish i could help ya. So far the only issues i have with it were none of my apps or settings transferred over automatically when i switched the device. Had an X before. Wish i could find a way to transfer my mycountry game over. Had to start that all over again. Anyone know how to import that data over from an X to the Bionic?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Only way to bring apps with the data and saves from an old device to a mew device is have both rooted and use titanium backup....worked fine for me and I had an X also

rescue940

Reaction score
anybody having issues with zumocast download loading on pc,and if yes tell me how to fix the problem seem like a cool concept.

OP
Lanops

Lanops

Reaction score
Update on Video performance.

Went to 2 different Verizon stores. First one didn't know what to do with the situation. Not very helpful people. The service rep pretty much blew me off and didn't want to help. So i grabbed the phones and told them i will got to a store where they try to help.

Went to the next store. After explaining and showing the people there the difference in how the video works with the same exact file on both the Droid X and the new Bionic, they were stumped. They were stumped to find that the old technology in an original X played video and the sound was synced than with the new Bionic technology. After speaking to 4 reps and showing them all the issue, we decided to test a few things.

Took the sim card out of the X and placed it in the Bionic. Same results. Then took the sim card out and placed it in a X2. Big difference. Played better and than the Bionic, and it was almost a match the the X1. A perfect video.

Conclusion from the Reps were that the phones hardware is playing the movie faster than the sound can sync to it. So they weren't sure how to fix this but said there's a program out there that can fix the problem. However the rep that knows it was not there today. He's do in tomorrow. The final plan is to have him see about fixing it. SO i will be there tomorrow after work to find the fix.

Apparently the manager of this store, which i have dealt with many times, had the same issue going from the Incredible2 to the revolution. And this was a fix. So we will wait to see. The store manager here has been there a long time and has helped me Numerous times. Pretty knowledgeable on most questions asked.

Will update tomorrow when i get home. If anyone else has the time to test this out, please do so. If you have any solutions or suggestions, please by all means let us all know.

Have a great day.

TeeX

Reaction score
Not a fan when u come out of the lock screen there is a slight redraw.

Anyone else??

yeah, I get that too. Also not a fan. Overall very satisfied with my Bionic. Screen looks great to me, and the battery life is really awesome. My (half price) extended battery is on it's way too! :)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update on Video performance.
[snip]
Took the sim card out of the X and placed it in the Bionic. Same results. Then took the sim card out and placed it in a X2. Big difference. Played better and than the Bionic, and it was almost a match the the X1. A perfect video.
[snip]
Have a great day.

You do mean SDcard yes? The X doesn't have a sim card.

noobfone

Reaction score
I got the Bionic, my first smartphone, the day that it came out and everything seemed great. at first.
now I'm starting to have problems so here's whats going on:

>when i press the button to turn the screen on, it frequently displays only the background and none of the apps or widgets. none of the 4 buttons at the bottom work. i have to turn the screen off and then on again and usually wait a second or two for it to begin working again. sometimes it takes more than one repeat.
>texting seems slow. typing names in the contact search doesn't bring up any results without a huge lag. sometimes i'll send a text and then it won't show that it sent until i leave the messaging window and come back to see. texts also all seem to arrive all at once, making me think that i have a similar problem as described here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-tech-support/171335-texting-problems.html
>battery life was miserable, although it is improving the more that i drain/charge it. except that... Now my battery isn't working at all! it was low on battery and i was going to plug it in and i didn't get the plug in until just after it began powering down. it finished powering down, and now it won't turn on at all. when it's plugged into a computer, the indicator light in the top right is on; when its plugged into an outlet it isn't. i can't turn it on, even when it's plugged in. this is true even after giving it some time to charge.

does anyone have any ideas? i'm beginning to think that i just got a bum phone (these suspicions are compounded by the fact that the first phone that they sold me was missing a power button... here's to hoping they aren't 0 for 2)

OP
Lanops

Lanops

Reaction score
Yes X you are right, this could use a sticky!

Yes i did mean SDcard, I was looking at the 4GLTE card when i posted this lol so sim card just stuck in my head. My apologies.

OK all, did some more research and testing when i got home. I think i found the solution to the issue with the video. I do not claim that this is indeed the solution but it did work. Took forever but worked.

Try this for a solution if you have the same problem as i did.
1-Use the cable provided with the phone and install the drivers for the device onto your laptop. I tried to use an older cable and it wouldn't recognize the phone at all being plugged in. But when i used the one provided with the phone, it worked great!
2-Once installed properly and your connected to your phone's sim card, just copy the movie over using this method through the cable provided. When you try to copy it, it will ask you to convert the file too. Just choose yes and let it do it on it's own. This was used using Win7 Ultimate.

I tried 2 different file types. AVI and MP4. I was tired as hell last night so i just started it and hit the sack. Woke up this morning and the AVI file transferred properly. The MP4 didn't. It had a message that the device shut down or was disconnected at one point in time. So i image the transfer just got interrupted. No worries will retry with this file type tonight. However, good news came of this. Played the same file as mentioned before, the one that looked like we were watching a movie in Chinese, it was perfect! Everything synced properly and turned out to be very good! I will try this again with the other file type tonight and post my results.

The reason i tried to do this was because of what the Manger and i talked about in the store yesterday. Something triggered late last night in my brain from what he said. He said something about it might be a bit-rate problem and there is a program out there that you can just re transfer it through and it will fix the issue. So i decided to go the route above. Install and transfer the file through the cable itself. So far it worked. Will let you all know later on how the other file type works.

I hope this helps others. For me, now that this issue is fixed, I'm happy as can be with the phone. Love the battery life of both the standard and extended battery. Love all aspects of the phone as well. I can go the whole day with the extended battery. I might just get another one at the half price rate just so i have 2 extended bat's. Anywho, take care everyone, and hope this helped more than just myself.

darkhawk624

Reaction score
One problem I am having is when I'm using the browser and have too many windows open, I hit Settings>Windows and them try to close the windows by pressing the red minus signs.

It only seems to close the window about 30% of the time, most of the time it just takes me to that webpage instead of closing the window.

chrom3

Reaction score
If you go to the task manager, in you're app drawer you can add Apps to the kill list, it will kill then after 2 minutes.

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I was trying to relocate two setting that I stumblied on and passed through during my initial setup and now can't find them again. The first was something along the lines of quiet time (turns notifications and data off during set times). Also there was a dialog that prompted something along the line of 'Always use wifi if available". Not that I want to set it but I was wondering where I would toggle that on/off. Thanks in advance (Coming from the droid 1 running CM7. Missing CM, but still exploring .

OP
Lanops

Lanops

Reaction score
Ok so i have tried twice now to transfer 2 movies over but im getting a fatal error and it stops in he middle. So will work on a solution for that.

New problem arised today. Having issues with apps uninstalling themselves! This phone has its own brain! Oddly enough, one if the apps that keeps uninstalling is the app for this website. So far thats the only one its been happening with. Anyone else, or any solutions?

jastek

Reaction score
Are you installing the program to the SD card ? If so, there is a known problem with SD card apps dissapearing after the phone shuts down.