Bionic only displays Red M after LCD screen replacement

porpoise hork

Reaction score
Hi all, I am hoping someone here may have a resolution to an issue I am having with this phone. I just bought the bionic off Ebay and the LCD needs to be replaced due to it not displaying correctly. So I bought a replacement and followed the instructions from Repair Universe to put the new screen in. All went well and this is one of the easiest phones I have ever worked on.

I got the phone back together and went to power it up and it just hangs on the devious red Moto M. I triple checked all my connections and verified that everything was correct and seated properly but still the red M lingers there taunting me. Then I tried booting it into recovery and that was successful to a point. If I select recovery it goes right back to the evil red M temptress. So I tried reconnecting my old LCD and what do you know it boots right up. I have verified that this is the correct screen for this phone as the numbers stamped on the back match the original save the date of manufacture. So I am at a loss as to why the phone will not boot with a different screen installed. Has anyone else run into this and if so what you were able to do to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Had a similar problem with my RAZR HD, I replaced the LCD and the front camera wouldn't work. Put the cracked one back on and viola...... So I got another LCD panel and the second replacement worked just fine.....not sure what causes this though and wish I had an absolute solution for your problem......