Bionic stuck on dual core screen.

tabutler

Reaction score
I recently got a Bionic from someone that had a cracked LCD screen. I replaced the screen and all I can get is the Dual Core screen. I have tried a few different files with RSD lite and it seems to go through 22/22 and reboots the phone. But when rebooted it goes straight back to Dual Core screen and RSD says please manually power up this phone. I can get the Boot menu by pressing the vol up and down with power and get the options fine. The only thing that seems to work is the fast boot option. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Are you sure of what model Bionic it is? XT875 and XT865 were two different model numbers floating around, and there may be others. Is it possible that the version of ROM you flashed is for perhaps the international version versus the domestic (US) one? Just an off-hand speculation - don't read into it too much. Justin is Moderator on the Bionic forum and he would be a good start. I will PM him and he may want to move this thread to that forum for the best possible support.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would try the. 902 sbf. When you run it u may need to boot into recovery wipe data and cache. Make sure you have latest moto drivers. And you are running rsd as admin on computer

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
T

tabutler

Reaction score
It has XT875 on the sticker below the battery. I can never get it to boot into recovery, when I try recovery all I get it the Dual Core screen. Unless maybe I am not waiting long enough for it to boot into recovery. How long should I wait before giving up on getting into recovery? I will try the .902 sbf again. Could there be something wrong with .902 file that I am using?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few seconds. U are holding the up and down buttons correct?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
T

tabutler

Reaction score
Yes holding the up and down button while pressing the power button gets me to boot menu. I press down volume untill I get to recovery and then press up volume and once again the dredded Dual Core screen again.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
try an older sbf like 886 or 893 sbf see if that does the trick. I think they are compatible but i may be wrong . i just sbf'd last night to make sure i was not missing anything .. if this does not work let me know i will get rescue squad to try and help you out.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
also sorry about the delay in messages .. had some stuff pop up at home.

OP
T

tabutler

Reaction score
I am at work now, I will try it when I get home. Is there a good place to download known good files for 886 or 893? I want to make sure I am using good files and not wasting your time.

OP
T

tabutler

Reaction score
Any good suggestions where I can get the 886 or 893 sbf files? I have searched the never ending trail of dead links. Thanks

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i will not be checking forums tonight shoot me a pm to let me know if you need anything else ..

OP
T

tabutler

Reaction score
Oh well, I have tried the 886 sbf, waiting for 893 to download. Guess if that does not work I will be looking for the widest body of water I can find to see exactly how far I can skip this rock. Not a Brick a rock. I know computers and this thing acts just like a computer that does not recognize the hd. It is like it has a bios but no hd. I am at my wits end. I can get the boot menus with all the options just fine. I can run through any of the rsd flashes and upon reboot I get the wonderful Dual Core Techonology screen. Ahhhhhhhhh

OP
T

tabutler

Reaction score
When i got the phone the lcd was cracked, you could not see anything, replaced the lcd and violla, the infamous Dual Core Screen. I have been flashing more than any college girl you have ever seen.