Bionic not communicating with pc, can't root or use rsd lite

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Edit: Solved!:
A factory reset has allowed my Bionic to be rooted on ICS 232. Hope this helps anyone who comes across this issue.

Ok, so I kind of derailed another thread trying to get this figured out. I've tried a bunch of stuff, so here goes the list of events; I will attempt to provide all relevant info:
  • Received refurbished bionic from verizon, running .902 in mid july
  • updated to .905, left phone completely stock in the wake of the ics leak buzz
  • finally installed ICS .232 on aug 17, fell in love
  • attempted to root, to no avail.
    • I have most recent drivers installed, 5.9.
    • Using factory cable with moto logo on it, same cable I've always used
    • Enabled usb debugging, checked allow unknown sources, put phone in mtp mode when plugged in
    • Restarted machine before running razrs edge, which is extracted on my desktop
    • razrs edge runs, says waiting for device, then daemon not running starting now, then daemon started successfully. Then it just sits there
  • I had read that going back to gb and reinstalling ICS may help, so in that process I discovered that RSD lite doesn't even recognize my phone when I put in fastboot mode. I had previously done all this with a different Bionic, using the same computer and same cable and everything. I'm not sure if the phone is having issues or my computer, but clearly the two are not communicating properly
  • Windows recognized the phone in all three usb modes in ICS
Well, I guess thats my situation, not sure if anyone knows anything.

Last edited:
OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
PS, I will be at work until this evening so I may not reply till later

Thanks in advance for taking the time to check this out

qwas789

Reaction score
1st and easyist try a different cable. That worked for me, don't know why.

linuxgator

Reaction score

Next, try a different USB port, preferably one connected directly to the motherboard. Don't go through a USB hub or extension cable of any type.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
This is just a guess? I'm rooted on GB, but haven't installed any leaks! FXZ to .905, root using Motofail, install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, and then flash .232??? :icon_eek:

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I only have one cable :icon_eek:

Next, try a different USB port, preferably one connected directly to the motherboard. Don't go through a USB hub or extension cable of any type.
I'm on a laptop with 4 and tried all of them, to no avail
Try a different computer.
Tried my wife's computer, and ended up in the same spot, daemon started successfully

Can I purchase a moto cable by itself? I know charging cables are sold, but is it the same as the factory cables? I guess thats the only thing I haven't tried seeing as I only have one cable

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Omg 15 cents you must be insane I'm not made of money.

OK, surprisingly I'm not totally in a bad mood after all this dumb stuff

deduct

Reaction score
rocketsaucev2 said:
Omg 15 cents you must be insane I'm not made of money.

OK, surprisingly I'm not totally in a bad mood after all this dumb stuff

Haha....yeah I would buy several if I were going to buy online at that price. That would make a great stocking stuffer. For those friends and family members with Motorola phones.

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Hmm well I guess I'll give it a shot

Any ideas on why though? I had rooted an older bionic with no issues, same cord and computer

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I flashed 235 on my laptop. Tried to flash 238 on the same computer but rsd lite would not find the phone. I moved to a different computer and everything went well.

Reaction score
this wouldnt be the same cable needed to recharge a dead razr would it????? by dead i mean i cant boot it up and it needs some desperate juice to finish an update

Last edited:

Crazebeats

Reaction score
Ok, so I kind of derailed another thread trying to get this figured out. I've tried a bunch of stuff, so here goes the list of events; I will attempt to provide all relevant info:
  • Received refurbished bionic from verizon, running .902 in mid july
  • updated to .905, left phone completely stock in the wake of the ics leak buzz
  • finally installed ICS .232 on aug 17, fell in love
  • attempted to root, to no avail.
    • I have most recent drivers installed, 5.9.
    • Using factory cable with moto logo on it, same cable I've always used
    • Enabled usb debugging, checked allow unknown sources, put phone in mtp mode when plugged in
    • Restarted machine before running razrs edge, which is extracted on my desktop
    • razrs edge runs, says waiting for device, then daemon not running starting now, then daemon started successfully. Then it just sits there
  • I had read that going back to gb and reinstalling ICS may help, so in that process I discovered that RSD lite doesn't even recognize my phone when I put in fastboot mode. I had previously done all this with a different Bionic, using the same computer and same cable and everything. I'm not sure if the phone is having issues or my computer, but clearly the two are not communicating properly
  • Windows recognized the phone in all three usb modes in ICS
Well, I guess thats my situation, not sure if anyone knows anything.

Silly question but did you install motohelper? It will always keep newest drivers

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2