Bionic issue that might cause a drastic measure of reverting back to OG droid

monkey_man

Reaction score
Hi fellow droiders :) ,

As we all know there are lots of Bionic users that face the BSOD issue on the phone that yet been solved. Lots of folks have also found that 14 days return warranty is limiting many of us to keep holding firm to the phone while waiting for a fix. Some people already had revert back to their original phone and able to get a full refund. So... what is the big deal then right? My original phone was rooted and still is. I don't want to be caught out by the store by all the benefits that root had provided for me while they rescan the phone to be reactivated.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
You can go to your account online and switch back to your other phone yourself. No need for them to ever touch your phone. It will just prompt you for the phone's MEID. I switch between phones like that all the time.

OP
M

monkey_man

Reaction score
thanks for the insightful info!! :) I also want to know if I can return the phone to any Verizon dealers or must go to the store where I picked up the phone?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
If you got it at a Verizon Corporate store you can return it to any other Corporate store. If it was a reseller, probably have to go back to the same location.

das2042

Reaction score
Um, what's Bsod? Sorry not familiar

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
M

monkey_man

Reaction score
I've not yet heard of a "BSoD" issue on Bionic.
Please post a link to reference.

hmm... for you not knowing this issue is a good news that the bsod problem is not widespread. Some have mentioned that some works too but with more confirmation the better :) . I also want to know about "gift card" adjustment that since I purchased my Bionic phone recently or still under 14 days with $35 restocking fee. Now, there is a program that allow users to get $100 gift card through a trade of old basic phone via a code and will get the gift card after through mail. I have OG droid, do you think the Verizon store would honor my request even thought it is an online exclusive and give me a code to be able to trade my old phone.... Thanks for the help!

here is the link for bsod debug : https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/57568?start=165&tstart=0

here is the link for the 100 dollar trade in program: Smartphone Deals | Verizon Wireless

OP
M

monkey_man

Reaction score
sorry this bsod is not the term for pc.. this time is Black Screen of Death.. where the phone is unresponsive no matter what you do until you pull the battery. Sometime you will see green light blinking like you have a message, yet the phone are still in lock mode even though you press the power button.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
hmm... for you not knowing this issue is a good news that the bsod problem is not widespread. Some have mentioned that some works too but with more confirmation the better :) . I also want to know about "gift card" adjustment that since I purchased my Bionic phone recently or still under 14 days with $35 restocking fee. Now, there is a program that allow users to get $100 gift card through a trade of old basic phone via a code and will get the gift card after through mail. I have OG droid, do you think the Verizon store would honor my request even thought it is an online exclusive and give me a code to be able to trade my old phone.... Thanks for the help!

here is the link for bsod debug : https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/57568?start=165&tstart=0

here is the link for the 100 dollar trade in program: Smartphone Deals | Verizon Wireless

Your OG Droid does not qualify for the promotion.
The $100GC promotion is ONLY for people switching from a non-smartphone.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
sorry this bsod is not the term for pc.. this time is Black Screen of Death.. where the phone is unresponsive no matter what you do until you pull the battery. Sometime you will see green light blinking like you have a message, yet the phone are still in lock mode even though you press the power button.

Ah.. ok.
I believe some people have reported that turning OFF pocket detection mode may resolve this problem.
Personally I have pocket detection ON and I havent had a screen lock yet.. *knock on wood*

tzarecta

Reaction score
I never had BSOD I'm sorry you had to experience that but I love my bionic np here

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi fellow droiders :) ,

As we all know there are lots of Bionic users that face the BSOD issue on the phone that yet been solved. Lots of folks have also found that 14 days return warranty is limiting many of us to keep holding firm to the phone while waiting for a fix. Some people already had revert back to their original phone and able to get a full refund. So... what is the big deal then right? My original phone was rooted and still is. I don't want to be caught out by the store by all the benefits that root had provided for me while they rescan the phone to be reactivated.

Why wouldn't this be simple warranty issue and have the phone replaced? If you do not want to do that, have you considered that the issue, since it isn't wide spread, is a result of using an app that is not optimized to work with the new OS? You could download install one of the system loggers and see exactly what was happening when the Black Screen of Death appeared? Just a thought.

Good luck.

gdbjr

Reaction score
I have had the issue a few times, but assumed it as app related. Since I have uninstalled Weatherbug and golauncher I haven't had the problem since.