Bionic Is Here!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Agree with the Gizmodo review. The phone was relevant six months ago...it is now surpassed by the Sammy's.

Just out of curiosity, which duel-core LTE phone on Verizon's network made by Samsung surpasses the Bionic?

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Agree with the Gizmodo review. The phone was relevant six months ago...it is now surpassed by the Sammy's.

Not being bias, but thats a personal preference. I like sammys too, but motorola hardware is great. Either way, both phones are great and I think no matter which phone someone chooses, they will be happy. Gizmodo always tries to start controversy and they pick the best times to do it, to gain hits.

soulpatch

Reaction score
so did anyone get the costco deal ? does it come with extra battery? On the link it didn't seem like it, but I've seen the desription before that it did. I'll swing by later today and check out the screen.

I bought it this morning and it does in fact come with a spare battery. Total package was:

Bionic
Car dock
Standard desktop dock
Battery charger with spare battery
screen protectors
lame leather belt case
car charger
and if I remember as the bag is in the car a nice long travel charger for wall outlets

I must also say that I am actually impressed with the screen after all the doom and gloom on here and some of the sites. I needed to upgrade as the wife's D1 was coming to an end and thus I am giving her my X and I will take the Bionic. I am far from one who needs the utmost in picture quality from my PHONE but to each their own. I watch movies and such on my phone when on car trips and play tons of games on it. It more then meets my visual needs in that regard. Would I have preferred the Galaxy? Yes but it is not coming to verizon and I am grandfathered into vzw data paying all of 10 a month for each smart phones unlimited data so not going to leave now...

My next phone expires in March I believe so I will get the latest and greatest then and swap this phone out to the wife...

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
well i ordered mine from verizon and it will be here tomorrow can't wait love the droids, have a thunderbolt currently and i wasn't to impressed with it going back to the droid was happy with the first one. can't wait till tomorrow, paid a pretty penny for it though had to pay full price cause i wasn't due for an update till nov. next year but oh well.

Al Neri

Reaction score
I got mine, I just couldn't wait for my NE2 on Oct 6. No activation issues and it is super fast. Now I just have to figure out how I want to set it up. Fortunately I have the next 3 days off to play with it (counting down til 5:30).

trabical

Reaction score
Bionic for $159.99

Letstalk.com is selling the Bionic for $199.99 plus if you use coupon code take20back then you get 20% off your order. Free shipping and taxes(except for a couple states). So you can get it for as low as $159.99 just ordered mine. They add another $15 if you keep your unlimited data plan on the upgrade though but $175 for a Bionic is still a great deal. They were in stock up until today when they just changed status to backordered. But they are getting more on 9/13. Couldn't tell if someone already posted this but it's a great deal. I just ordered mine. Never tried Letstalk.com before though but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

m00m00w4t3r

Reaction score
anyone here noticing the phone gets really when its in your pocket? when i took the phone out that area in the pocket is really warm to the point where you can feel it outside of the pants. i noticed the screen is always hotter than the back. i even put the screen facing out and it still gets hotter than the back when its in my pocket. Is it because of the battery?

jseah

Reaction score
Picked up one this afternoon for my son. He had been using my OG Droid and the plastic in the charging port had broken, so the USB cord kept falling out. He's still up playing with the phone.

Murker

Reaction score
Not sure if this may have been brought up elsewhere, but in the small print after clicking the link from the email about the $100 gift card mentions "trading in your basic device."

Anyone run into any issues when trading in an older smartphone?