Bionic Is Here!

poooookah78

Reaction score
Went to my local Costco, they had the Bionic but couldn't get hands on so I went to my VZW store and played with the one they had. I'm very sorry to say that in person, the fears I had about the screen pixilation are true. The display is terrible. They had it next to an incredible and charge and both looked way way better than the bionic. Really disappointing because I was excited about the D1 finally getting to rest, but this screen is just terrible.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, since the Bionic was already announced, spec'd out, and due to be released roughly at the same time as the Tbolt what does that make it? ...and the Bionic can't even do data and voice at the same time.

I agree the Etna was slated to drop near the TBolt, but the phone that just dropped was scheduled for a Summer/Q3 release from the beginning. The specs that were announced that you are referring to aren't the same specs that are in the current bionic.

Also, it can handle voice and data on 4g at the same time.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You make it sound like the Bionic isnt basically just an Atrix.

If you don't care about:

a better network
a larger screen
better rear camera
a front facing camera
"Zumocast"
Or the sleeker look of the phone

Then yes, it is just the same phone.

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
Having to wait for the Authorized retailers to get it around my area. Upgraded to a charge in Charleston SC but live in NC and bought it at a authorized retailer so now i have to wait till they get there shipments in. I hope its not long. I will never deal with authorized retailers again. :angry:

jsquared

Reaction score
changing the subject anyone else notice they mispelled gigabyte...lol just saying (verizonwireless.com)

poooookah78

Reaction score
Update... my friend just got his from Costco... he said the same thing I did about the screen. VERY disappointing resolution and pixilation. He's going to return his before the 14 days are up. I wanted to get the GS2 so bad, obviously that's not an option, but at least I thought the Bionic would be a decent replacement... guess I'll be waiting for the Prime.

mach330

Reaction score
so did anyone get the costco deal ? does it come with extra battery? On the link it didn't seem like it, but I've seen the desription before that it did. I'll swing by later today and check out the screen.

Low Saturn

Reaction score
I ordered mine yesterday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing the FedEx truck drive up. I'll be replacing my original Droid. It preforms better now that it did out of the box and other than the gold paint completly gone from the camera button, its cosmetically flawless.

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
You make it sound like the Bionic isnt basically just an Atrix.

Yes the Bionic is like the Atrix except LTE included. I have the Atrix and it has a 1.2GH with 1GB Ram and Onboard memory along all the other goodies like qHD. Now I haven't check but the processor could be slightly better since it year later in development.

Meto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Ordered my Bionic last night.. Should have it on Saturday. I waited to see what else was coming out, but my OG Droid has held up great and my son now inherits it from me. My daughter already has the Droid 3, so as much as I have played with her phone, I couldn't wait any longer

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ordered my Bionic last night.. Should have it on Saturday. I waited to see what else was coming out, but my OG Droid has held up great and my son now inherits it from me. My daughter already has the Droid 3, so as much as I have played with her phone, I couldn't wait any longer

If you ordered it last night from VZW you should have it today or tomorrow at latest.

cb2000a

Reaction score
Agree with the Gizmodo review. The phone was relevant six months ago...it is now surpassed by the Sammy's.