Bionic Freezes in Boot

cwhalen83

Reaction score
I have a rooted phone and flashed a few Roms. Tried flashing one and it wouldn't load and when i I go to recovery it is the stock recovery program and not Clockwork Recovery. I can't load any of the backups that i made because the stock recovery only looks for .zip files and any of the other ROMS won't install (I get "E:signature verification failed, Installation aborted error message). I just want to be able to actually get the phone to turn on. Please help

OP
C

cwhalen83

Reaction score
Even if i have to go back to stock I'll do that but I the factory data wipe on this limited recovery screen doesn't do anything for me.

deduct

Reaction score
I am afraid you are going to have to fxz back to 902 using rsd lite. Though I could be wrong. But that should get you unbricked. Are you using safe strap or boot strap?

OP
C

cwhalen83

Reaction score
I was using Bootstrap, I backed everything up and flashed a ROM Blackhole Bionic (the irony is not lost on me). The recovery is the stock bionic recovery so I can't load any of my backups. If I have to do a complete reset that's fine because it seems like that is my only option. I was on .905 and not really sure why clockwork isn't loading. I was going to try this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html but wanted to make sure that was the right thing to do first. I have everything else backed up that i need so wiping everything doesn't bother me.

deduct

Reaction score
Yes, that is the fxz method you can use. The drivers in that link are not the latest though. These are:
http://db.tt/NSaPew0j
I would suggest you use safe strap in the future for making backups and flashing custom roms.

OP
C

cwhalen83

Reaction score
It worked!!! Thanks to everyone who offered up some advice couldn't have asked for better help

deduct

Reaction score
cwhalen83 said:
It worked!!! Thanks to everyone who offered up some advice couldn't have asked for better help

Sweeeeet. Glad you are back up and running. Well done.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Just for future reference IMHO safe strap is better and safer way to flash I was running black hole with safestrap for awhile. Never a problem with safestrap so far.

deduct

Reaction score
JayBusa102709 said:
Just for future reference IMHO safe strap is better and safer way to flash I was running black hole with safestrap for awhile. Never a problem with safestrap so far.

Agreed