cant get CLockwork Recovery to come up?

klinger

Reaction score
Did a factory restore by rewriting the phone with odin, system, recovery, and kernel.

Then rooted with FascinateRoot v0.2

Super User was confirmed on the menu.

Downloaded Rom Manager> Flashed Clockwork.

Downloaded CleanRom. Wipe option chosen

ERROR-

E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

This is all on the Android System Recovery. So the error seems to be when entering Clockwork Recovery.

Never had this happen... weird...

Any input, and there was no voodo on the phone before going to stock

thebamaboy787

Reaction score
Its very hard to go back to stock but it is possible. I had this problem but it to me 3 days to figure out how to fix it. Are you wanting to go back to stock or are you trying to flash your recovery?

OP
K

klinger

Reaction score
Goal is to go clean rom with battery life of stock

OP
K

klinger

Reaction score
I'm using rom manager that's the issue. I can't access it. ..

OP
K

klinger

Reaction score
I have wiped with both hard reset recovery menu and through the privacy menu like 4 times and redownloaded. Same issue. Seems like clockwork doesn't fully take over stock recoverry

thebamaboy787

Reaction score
Sounds like you are going to have to go to stock recovery and stock rom and redo the root process and flash process

OP
K

klinger

Reaction score
my guess is that theres an issue with FascinateRoot v0.2 ... anyone know of another quick and easy way to root?

Wadzii

Reaction score
i'm having the same problem...

rom manager says that clockwork is installed, but when i reboot into recovery its the stock recovery.

have you tried using odin to install clockwork? I havent gotten around to that yet.

I have full root, SU works, all my apps that require root work, etc.. clockwork just wont work..

fuzz1

Reaction score
i too am having the same issue. i used super one click to root. everything is working for me too except cwr. just boots into stock recovery. so i can load roms, cwr, or anything u install through .zip

would deffinitely like to see a fix for this!

younqcjmm

Reaction score
I used to have this problem. Until I decided to unroot for some reason. I guess because launcherpro is all I need =)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk