booting into Clockwork....

jrosser

Reaction score
So i started with Bionic Bootstrap to get into Clockwork recovery.. now on Liberty Rom it has an option on long press power to boot into recovery..

is there a hardware way to boot into Clockwork by pressing volume up or down or any other way w/o having to get into it from a Rom?..

i had the Incredible and you could.. also on the Nexus S you can as well..

i only ask because what happens if you load a Rom that bricks your phone.. how do you get back into Clockwork to re-flash a new rom or use Nanroid to restore your phone?..

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you load a ROM that bricks your phone you have to flash back to stock, reroot, reinstall recovery and restore your previous backup - the reality of a locked bootloader :furious:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
J

jrosser

Reaction score
ok.. Makes sense..

how does one go about flashing back to stock in that case?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are a few one click methods floating around, they all require a computer and usb cable though - takes about twenty minutes to fully recover from a soft brick

powerwagon

Reaction score
How do you flash back to stock? Stuck in a damn boot loop when trying to install Theory's latest and greatest. Knew I should have stuck with Liberty. I am rooted using one click method btw. Thanks guys.

sos567656765

Reaction score
Is there any way to make the boot strap work like safe strap whereas you can load it thru the bp tools option our from the menu key option in the new versions?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score