Bionic, Extended Battery, Otterbox, and Dremel....

goosefraba1

Reaction score
Just wondering.... which battery extender is that and where was it purchased.... I'm thinking about doing that now.

harajyuks

Reaction score
I applaud all of the great workmanship and thought put into these two designs, but i cant justify paying for the protection of the otterbox case and then modding it to fit the extended battery at the expense of the protection that I made the initial investment for... these are great atheistic work arounds the larger issue; case manufactures need to recognize that -at least in the high end non-iphone smart phone segment- THEY NEED TO BEGIN TO PRODUCE CASES THAT HOUSE THE EXTENDED BATTERY OPTIONS... the fact that iphone- the largest manufacture of the smart phones sold- doesn't allow for an extended battery means that all other platforms are punished for exchangeable battery options... its pure fu*kery!

Skrimpy

Reaction score
I'm having trouble seeing what you did. You have a step by step?

Does anyone know of a case that pets similar protection to the defender otterbox that will fit the extended battery?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

Blackhawk13

Reaction score
I think ill just wait till the come out with an otterbox for the extended battery

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Smrzzy

Reaction score
The extended battery from Verizon is worth it. It lasts from 18-24 hrs.

-Smrzzy Bionic

heath223

Reaction score
If I can just find an Ext. battery in stock somewhere I plan on doing this as well. Thanks for being a Gueni Pig for us.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I consider it being more of a pioneer than a guinea pig :crazy:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

heath223

Reaction score
Well I found a battery, just had to drive 40 miles to get it. Got everything cut and it fits great. Again thanks for finding out this works. Now if I can just get the battery to die so I can charge it overnight. I am playing Netflix and it has been going for 45 minutes on 1%.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it all set up :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

blufftontiger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 64GB
Well I found a battery, just had to drive 40 miles to get it. Got everything cut and it fits great. Again thanks for finding out this works. Now if I can just get the battery to die so I can charge it overnight. I am playing Netflix and it has been going for 45 minutes on 1%.

Why would you want the battery to die?

rvcjew

Reaction score
I am so doing the second method as the first ones pictures no longer exist, thank you for showing this awesome mod with pictures. Now to find my Dremel.

S

shooting

My friend told me that he has got a battery cover from here, which provides a enough protection for the phone.

bionic207

Reaction score
What happened all the pictures in OP are just a black box and a big white !