Otterbox and extended battery

Panther1911

Reaction score
Any body know if the Samsung extended battery and cover will fit in a otterbox commuter case?

Reaction score
I have the Otterbox Defender and it works fine with the 2100 extended battery and cover.

I also have the Incipio that works fine as well.

Steve

zero7404

Reaction score
incipio told me that the silicrylic wouldn't work with the oem extended battery .... would the otterbox commuter work ?

gunit34328

Reaction score
from what i've read, the otterbox commuter will work as well but that there is a small gap towards the bottom of the phone.

zero7404

Reaction score
i've been doing that with my last few phones, but not crazy about it because dust can go right into the inards of the device .... i prefer my phones clean inside/out

zero7404

Reaction score
so for those that confirmed it works with the incipio, is that for the silicrylic case ? also, with/without the battery cover ?

id rather do the otterbox commuter because the device is light, this case will give it some heft.

---
posted via android

zero7404

Reaction score
anyone have the otterbox commuter ? gaps, fitment ?

how about no case, how does the galaxy nexus do compared to motorola phones ?

---
posted via android

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
anyone have the otterbox commuter ? gaps, fitment ?

how about no case, how does the galaxy nexus do compared to motorola phones ?

---
posted via android

I cant comment on the commuter case as I have the defender. I have only used the defender a few times and have had my phone naked 98% of the time. Compared to the Moto's I came from , the phone is a bit slick but if you are careful, shouldnt be a problem!

X

XoomXoom

The Defender bulks up the phone quite a bit, as does the Commuter just not so much and its still a good solid case. You can be confident that your phone will be protected with any Otterbox cases. http://amzn.to/MOjhvW

Last edited by a moderator:

zero7404

Reaction score
i don't like the design of the defender case. they put the phone in the hardshell and then surround it with silicon. it should be the other way around -- have you noticed any damage to the phone body because of the case ? if the hardshell is tight or difficult to get the phone into, it could scratch the device. i've experienced this in the past with a droid and with an otterbox case, the bezel going on the screen would scratch the phone screen bezel a little bit each time i took it off/put it back on.

i'm leaning towards the commuter over the silicrylic. i've gone thru 2 silicrylic cases for my droid X because the shell was thin and cracked. on my second one it started to crack and come apart in a few corners. i like the non-slip finish of incipio's case but i'd rather just get the commuter and have that last longer. it's also got covers for the ports which i like.

but i'm not too keen on forcing the case on the phone with the ext batt + cover, i've also learned that putting pressure on a phone might affect it's function, especially with a phone made of plastic rather than metal. if i have no other choice, i'd run it without the battery door.