Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Over the weekend a select group of consumers were selected to attend a Verizon 'Town Hall' meeting. One of those who attended posted the following on the motorola forums. I have no further information other than what I am about to quote from what he reported. So take it as you will:

"It turned out that it was a two-day meeting, which covered more than seven (7) hours total. I even missed a couple of football games I really wanted to see. Based on what I learned these hours were more than worth it. At the meeting were two senior techs with VZ, and a tech from another company, which I cannot discuss. The two-day meeting included two sixty-minute sessions with a VZ executive, and a couple folks from two other companies (I was requested not publicize the names of the other companies).

Be that as it may, we used the Corporate store’s conference room over the two days, where there were seven phones demonstrated and taken through all the paces imaginable, including hooking some to a 42” Vizio LED TV, via HDMI. Four of the phones were recently released models, which have been widely discussed on this forum, this thread, other forums, and websites that do reviews. Two of the phones are not to be released for a while, but they were quite remarkable. Only the VZ representatives demonstrated each phone to ensure there were no biases.

Before I continue, some threads from this Forum were displayed on another monitor for the participants to peruse throughout the two days. With all due respect, I will not post some of their thoughts about this thread.

For much of what I learned during this period, the participants requested I not publicize. What I can say is, all Bionic owners, and Razr owners, will be in for a pleasant surprise soon. Concerns over the last few weeks are not discounted in any way, shape, or form. These two phones, from the beginning, were developed for specific target audiences, as will be the case of future phones, understanding target crossover is inevitable. Bionic/Razr owners did not make a mistake by purchasing these phones. The fixes, for those who have issues, are on the way. I will not comment on any non-Moto phones here, as this is a Moto forum, although they were discussed and tested at length. All I can say is that you made a good choice by selecting either the Bionic or the Razr."

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
interesting... all the way around interesting...

feel valid to you shadez?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
can you link to the thread/post?

like the new sig btw!

William_04_x

Reaction score
It could have been a real focus group, or pure PR. Only time will tell.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Cool cool.

I wonder if some of the other phones were from LG. Like the Rev. successor.

BostonBill

Reaction score
As bionic owner for the next two years, I'm happy to hear good things are happening :biggrin: thanks!

scrub571

Reaction score
I've seen Nostradamus quatrains with more concrete details than that linked forum post. I believe Moto can do more, within the limits of the carrier, for their device owners. This super secret cryptic meeting and post have piqued the interest of many, but I call meh if this proposed resolution is concerning issues that should have been right with the device at launch. I have not observed any issues with my razr so for me amazing news from Moto regarding these devices would be: ICS soon (firm release date by end of year), or unlocked bootloader. Please don't get our hopes up about fixing legacy issues that should have been squared away before device launch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen Nostradamus quatrains with more concrete details than that linked forum post. I believe Moto can do more, within the limits of the carrier, for their device owners. This super secret cryptic meeting and post have piqued the interest of many, but I call meh if this proposed resolution is concerning issues that should have been right with the device at launch. I have not observed any issues with my razr so for me amazing news from Moto regarding these devices would be: ICS soon (firm release date by end of year), or unlocked bootloader. Please don't get our hopes up about fixing legacy issues that should have been squared away before device launch.

The issues exist, regardless of them being legacy or not. Therefore this is potentially good news for those with the issues. For those with no issues, be thankful!

scrub571

Reaction score
The issues exist, regardless of them being legacy or not. Therefore this is potentially good news for those with the issues. For those with no issues, be thankful!

I agree. I hate that some folks who purchased these devices and have issues, have to wait for a summit to address issues. If this turns out to be spin for that plan, that would be wrong and a bummer. I would expect them to fix the devices for everyone, then announce the goodies for all to enjoy. I'm definitely not trying to marginalize issues experienced by owners. My intent was to express disdain if this announcement and fanfare to help promote continued ownership was really just a bug fix which eually deserves fanfare.

Last edited:
OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

If you read the first few lines, I said I was quoting a thread on moto forums, and to take it as you will. I think you are out of bounds suggesting I by any means was trying to get anyones hopes up. I simply was quoting a post from a thread on the moto forums from a member there who has provided reliable information in the past.

And, I don't understand why people have to take 'potentially' positive information and turn it into a negative.

Last edited:

scrub571

Reaction score
If you read the first few lines, I said I was quoting a thread on moto forums, and to take it as you will. I think you are out of bounds suggesting I by any means was trying to get anyones hopes up. I simply was quoting a post from a thread on the moto forums from a member there who has provided reliable information in the past.

Not you personally at all, but the consortium effort that appears to be happening to prevent Moto owners from jumping ship. Nothing was meant to be directed at you. Thank you for you're info. I'm just posting my thoughts of the info you posted and referenced back to the link and not you directly. Swype is a pain

scrub571

Reaction score
And, I don't understand why people have to take 'potentially' positive information and turn it into a negative.

I agree its positive but im not going to break my arm patting moto on the back for fixing something that should have worked from release. I truly welcome the news either way.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I agree its positive but im not going to break my arm patting moto on the back for fixing something that should have worked from release. I truly welcome the news either way.

Gotcha! And I agree. But one thing you should know about me is that I will never post something that I feel isn't anything but truthful or beneficial to the community. I don't just take someone's word for it, for whatever the topic is, I rely on my experience with that source and their credibility. If I thought for a second that this post was some kind of scheme from motorola to keep us holding on to our devices, trust me, I would never even have mentioned it.

And what we got out of the post is what we got out of the post, I've been to many focus groups where you do have to sign an NDA, and I can understand the OP's 'tip-toeing' around the matter in an effort not to break that NDA but yet provide us with as much information as he could.