Big problem on the first day, how do I reformat my phone?

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have no idea what happened. I got my phone in the mail today, and was playing around with the wallpapers and stuff like that, when the phone started lagging, getting warm, and going into a loop of having service and then switching over to no service. The phone runs extremely slow, sometimes I am able to get past the lock screen, but then it just freezes and then sends me right back to the lock screen.

Its almost as if the phone is being overwhelmed by something. Is there any way to reformat the phone without getting into the settings? I can't even hook my phone up to the computer long enough to access anything. Any help would be great. :frown:

I didn't root the phone, or download any unusual apps.

Last edited:
OP
funwheeldrive

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
id say flash the stock rom from Odin

I have little to no knowledge on how to root phones. There must be some way to reformat from the opening screen right? Or some way to bypass the phone from its normal start cycle?

Reaction score
try this
  1. Turn off phone.
  2. Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
  3. Release all buttons when you see SGS3 Logo.
  4. Android system recovery will be loaded then.
  5. Select wipe data/factory reset. (use Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)
  6. Select Yes — delete all user data.
  7. Finally, select reboot system now.

OP
funwheeldrive

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
try this
  1. Turn off phone.
  2. Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
  3. Release all buttons when you see SGS3 Logo.
  4. Android system recovery will be loaded then.
  5. Select wipe data/factory reset. (use Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)
  6. Select Yes — delete all user data.
  7. Finally, select reboot system now.

Thanks a lot, its going right now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. After this happening and having Verizon accidentally charge me 8,000 dollars for the phone today, I am ready to switch companies. :icon_evil:

Reaction score
Did they compensate you for that big of a screw up on their part?! If it doesnt work something is wrong with the phone but im almost 100% sure it will work

OP
funwheeldrive

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
Did they compensate you for that big of a screw up on their part?! If it doesnt work something is wrong with the phone but im almost 100% sure it will work

Yeah everything seems to be fine, it just sucks because I finally started getting it the way I want it, and now I have to redo everything again. Thanks again though, you saved me a trip to their store.

The money that was taken out is still pending, and I probably won't get it back until tomorrow.

Reaction score
glad it worked, ive had the same thing happen when i got my Droid X back in the day.

you should try to push them for a free accessory :biggrin: