Best way to transfer apps to Droid X from Droid?

DroidPDX

Reaction score
Should I use Astro File Manager?

Or swap MicroSD cards?

Or would it make sense to just start over and reinstall the apps again?

That way it might be cleaner, and I'll think twice about each app I install.

Reaction score
They should re-install when you sync the phone with google. If they dont I'll download them all from the market again to make sure I still get updates :)

pioneers47

Reaction score
I am interested in this knowledge...considering getting the X but don't want to lose everything from the Droid...any answers for this would be appreciated.

PjD

Reaction score
Download and install appbrain and fast web installer from the marketplace on new and old droid.
Set up account on appbrain.com
Sync with the account with old Droid.
Sync with account again on new Droid.
Then perform installs.

pioneers47

Reaction score
Thanks PjD...I just called my Verizon store to see if they had any left...the guy told me that they are ONLY selling the X's to new subscribers...any other stores doing this. I think that is BS! I asked him how long that was going to last...he thought at least a week.

PjD

Reaction score
I just called my Verizon store to see if they had any left...the guy told me that they are ONLY selling the X's to new subscribers...

I would tell him he is gonna lose a subscriber if he wont sell you one he has in stock...
Most of the people in line with me this am were upgrading their phones they already had with Verizon, a couple iPhone users making the switch too... lol..

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
They should re-install when you sync the phone with google. If they dont I'll download them all from the market again to make sure I still get updates :)

They didn't sync for me. I just downloaded them again. And just swapped my SD Card.

bwick84

Reaction score

They didn't sync for me. I just downloaded them again. And just swapped my SD Card.

Ed what about the ones you paid for?

The ones you paid for just show up under "Downloads" in the market. You just need to install them from there.

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U

Humpa

Reaction score
Ed what about the ones you paid for?

The ones you paid for just show up under "Downloads" in the market. You just need to install them from there.

Bwick...is it based on your Verizon account or your Goog acct?
Your Android apps are tied to your Android account (your gmail account).

Any apps you purchased using your gmail/android account will forever be tied to that gmail account. If you log into an Android device with that gmail account, you will then see all your purchased apps in the Market > Downloads and you can install them without having to purchase them.