Transferring videos from Droid X

roscoe

Reaction score
I'm trying to transfer videos taken with my Droid to my computer. The files are too big to email and after buying a card reader, I've discovered that the videos are not saved on the card. Apparently, they are on the phone. Help.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
On the phone? I thought all videos were saved to the sd. Are you sure? You should be able to plug the phone into the pc and drag and drop the videos on to the computer

CM74D2

OP
R

roscoe

Reaction score
Pretty sure. The card had one video on it and it was a video that I had tried to edit on the phone to make smaller to email. When I tried via USB, the phone went a little nuts and would not pull up anything...not even photos. I had to turn the phone off and on again to get it to show the pictures.

sfreemanoh

Reaction score
I'm going to guess you're looking in the wrong folder. If you look in the DCIM folder on your SD card, then go to Camera, all the photos and/or videos you've taken on your phone should show there. I even just took a quick 5s video to make sure it would show up in the folder, and it did.

pool_shark

Reaction score
All pics and vids are stored on the SD card, the camera won't even work without one.

OP
R

roscoe

Reaction score
I'm going to guess you're looking in the wrong folder. If you look in the DCIM folder on your SD card, then go to Camera, all the photos and/or videos you've taken on your phone should show there. I even just took a quick 5s video to make sure it would show up in the folder, and it did.

Yes!!! Thank you, thank you!! I was looking in the wrong place!!