Best way to remove a hard case

ruqayya27

Reaction score
Can u tell me how to best remove a hard case from an HTC Droid Incredible without scratching or damaging my device?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Carefully take off one side then the next?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Depending on the case, there should be a coin slot (usually on the bottom left or right) where the front and back snap together.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
ruqayya27

ruqayya27

Reaction score
Yes... I've tried it.... The side with the coin slot opens but the rest is stuck tightly. BTW... I'm talking about a hard case cover & not the device case itself.

Mister Moo

Reaction score
Body Glove hardshell armor? Twist a coin in the slot (like opening a tin of pipe tobacco) and spread apart gently from the slot with zee fingers. Pop.

OP
ruqayya27

ruqayya27

Reaction score
No... it's a hard plastic cover I bought a mall kiosk.... I wish it was as easy as just popping it open. The side with the coin slot is loosening easy... but the rest is stuck. Thanks for the advice, though.

Send from my HTC Droid Incredible. Still trying to figure this baby out. ; )

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Take it back to where you got it and get them to take it off. If THEY break it....

No... it's a hard plastic cover I bought a mall kiosk.... I wish it was as easy as just popping it open. The side with the coin slot is loosening easy... but the rest is stuck. Thanks for the advice, though.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
ruqayya27

ruqayya27

Reaction score
I tried... I was told that that's not part of their service. Besides that... I'm more worried about having someone (or me) damage the device.

OP
ruqayya27

ruqayya27

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if there is a specific way to loosen the stuck areas...& if there are certain tools that cool help.

Sara21

Reaction score
I created an account on here just to respond to your question. I found your question when I googled how to remove a hard case. Mine was stuck, and I figured out how to get it off.
I put a dime in the coin slot, and twisted it, then I started rolling it up the crack until it wouldn't go any further and twisted again. It finally popped right off once I got to the top corner. Hope this help you!