Best drop-protection case?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Alright guys, give me some advice, I'm deciding between these 2 cases:

Amzer High Gloss TPU Skin Case - Black For HTC, HTC DROID Incredible PB31200 - Fommy.com

Amzer Rubberized Black Snap on Crystal Hard Case For HTC, HTC DROID Incredible PB31200 - Cases - Fommy.com

The first is TPU and the second is regular plastic but it's rubberized (so it's got legit rubber instaed of TPU.) Idk, which one will provide more protection against drops?

Oh yeah, PS: my friend knocked the phone out of my hand on the way out of school today, it landed from hand height on the linoleum floor and it took the battery cover off but the phone was ok, thank god. So I guess it's actually kind of resilient to falls and screen cracking.

Spend the extra cash and get the Seidio Innocase II Surface.

OP
O

omegamuff1n

Reaction score
[video=youtube;nLWUiqN69gg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLWUiqN69gg]YouTube - Seidio Innocase Surface II vs. Verizon's Black w/ Red Gradient case for HTC Droid Incredible[/video]

Hmm...this review said it might not protect the screen as well? That's all I really care about. Is it still good?...

WhatAboutBob

Reaction score
very nice review, thanks for posting that - definitely leaning towards the seidio.

Cheeto

Reaction score
I have the red/black case and I like it. My seams are perfect, as is the overall fit of the case. I've had no problem with paint peeling. Can't really comment on the on/off button since I use a fingernail to switch mine on/off.

I did want something a little classier, and I've ordered this one in black croc. It should be here tomorrow.:)

uscharalph

Reaction score
I've got the Body Glove impact resistant case. I haven't dropped the phone yet.

OP
O

omegamuff1n

Reaction score
Yeah but what I'm saying is that the guy in that video said it might not protect the screen very well. The screen is all I care about--I can drop the phone and take as many scratches and scuffs as I need to and I don't give a ****, but when I drop the thing and the screen cracks, that's when mine will really hit the fan because that's one of the hardest things to replace in the phone, as well as, I think, the easiest thing to break from drops.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Yeah but what I'm saying is that the guy in that video said it might not protect the screen very well. The screen is all I care about--I can drop the phone and take as many scratches and scuffs as I need to and I don't give a ****, but when I drop the thing and the screen cracks, that's when mine will really hit the fan because that's one of the hardest things to replace in the phone, as well as, I think, the easiest thing to break from drops.

There is no case you will buy that will keep the screen from cracking. If its dropped on the screen at the right angle, it WILL crack. No case will stop that from happening. Seidio is also releasing 2 more cases Which are the Active and the Rugged. Both of which will provide good protection.

The Active has a silicone layer and then a hard layer goes over the silicone.

jnmilli352

Reaction score
I also got the high gloss silicone from verizon,fits like a glove and I have dropped my phone from hip high on the screen side on asphalt and no damage. About 20$

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
the amzer black rubberized crystal snap on case is garbage, dont buy it. it doesnt even stay on, there is no way to snap all the corners(it is not made to the correct size). if i snap it together without even putting the phone in and hold it upside down, half will fall off. the mechanism which is supposed to clasp the two halves of the case together is "incredibly" weak as well as the case not even being close to "a perfect fit". this product is absolutely and completely worthless

Crypt92

Reaction score
i know right now Seido probably has the best case right now but i'm not really into their cases. Otterbox is taking 4ever so i might as well give up on that. I reached out 2 companies such as Incipio etc.

firehousejames

Reaction score
OTTERBOX, OTTERBOX - Defender series has worked well for friends of mine in the firefighting and construction fields for their Blackberry's and I phones. One even had a track hoe run over it. I have a Commuter Case for my Moto Droid since they don't make a Defender case due to it being a slide phone. Have dropped it a few times on asphalt. No markes or scratches. Was looking for a case for my wife's new incredible. They are developing two cases for the Incredible. I'd wait for that. If it were me, but she probably will not want one since they don't come in pink dancedroid