Best way to goto miui without losing data?

lurch81

Reaction score
I tried this out yesterday and really like it but I was unable to keep my data and apps they did not restore.is there a way to wipe, flash miui, than restore only days from last rom without any side effects?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
use titanium backup to backup data

OP
L

lurch81

Reaction score
I heard titanium is bad to use it's like not wiping

Icculus760

Reaction score
i heard only restore data in green, not data in red - but that wasn't specifically for MIUI

OP
L

lurch81

Reaction score
What you mean red/green?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well i mean data for apps. i dont do batch restores bc i dont want to cause problems..

Droidfish

Reaction score
I use something other than titanium to restore the actual apps(my backup pro, astro or appbrain) and then use titanium to restore data one by one. I usually just go down the list in titanium and restore only those which stored data matters(game score, rss reader, etc)

Z

ZeroBarrier

I'm use a different approach in restoring apps. I ADB pull every .apk file from /data/app/ and /system/app/ (adb pull /data/app/ and adn pull /system/app/), then I use xUltimate to batch install apps from the /xUltimate/install/ folder on my laptop.

I'm hardcore like that. ADB for life! dancedroid

PearlMikeJam

Reaction score
I simply do a Nandroid backup in Clockwork, wipe everything three times, flash the new ROM and restore just the data portion of the nandroid (or just backup data and restore it in SP). This will return everything, settings, call logs, messages, etc. and your Droid will look exactly as you left it.

The only issue I have had with this is going from D1-MIUI to D1-MIUI Hybrid my messages and call logs did not restore. This is the first ROM that has happened to in some time.

OP
L

lurch81

Reaction score
I simply do a Nandroid backup in Clockwork, wipe everything three times, flash the new ROM and restore just the data portion of the nandroid (or just backup data and restore it in SP). This will return everything, settings, call logs, messages, etc. and your Droid will look exactly as you left it.

The only issue I have had with this is going from D1-MIUI to D1-MIUI Hybrid my messages and call logs did not restore. This is the first ROM that has happened to in some time.

Tried this right now and got google frame work force close non stop

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm use a different approach in restoring apps. I ADB pull every .apk file from /data/app/ and /system/app/ (adb pull /data/app/ and adn pull /system/app/), then I use xUltimate to batch install apps from the /xUltimate/install/ folder on my laptop.

I'm hardcore like that. ADB for life! dancedroid

someone loves themselves adb commands lol

PearlMikeJam

Reaction score

Tried this right now and got google frame work force close non stop

You should be able to go into apps and clear data on the framework to clear up that. You may also need to clear contact storage data as well and let your contacts restore from Gmail.